The third 1066 Cycling Festival over 2 days in Hastings and Bexhill.
11am – 3pm
Saturday 9 June – Hastings, Stade Open Space
Sunday 10 June – Bexhill, De La Warr Pavilion
Activities over the two days include:
Savage Skills Stunt Team: the team are back with another impressive show, performing throughout the day.
Sustrans family friendly bike ride: departing at 1 pm from the information tent. Pedal Power will provide bikes for you to hire if required.
Freedom Leisure challenge: enter the Watt Power Output Competition. Fastest rider will win a month’s free membership.
Bike decorating competition with Sustrans: bring your bike down to decorate it and enter in three different categories.
Pedal powered Scalextric: challenge your mates and see who will win!
Smoothie Bike: provided by Sustrans – make a free smoothie!
Have a go on balance and adapted bikes: provided by ESCC Cycle Training
Source Park trials: learn from professionals how to ride a BMX bike the right way
Beat the Street: everyone is invited to play!
ProBikeWash: for a small donation get your bike cleaned by a professional cleaning service
Electra Bikes: the USA’s favourite bike, check out the cool cruiser designs
Brompton Challenge: the fastest to fold and unfold a Brompton bicycle wins a £50 Handsome Bicycles voucher.
Enter the raffle to win a £400 bike – Raffle tickets are now ON SALE by visiting the Hastings Information Centre and during the festival. The draw will be made on Wednesday 13 June.
Find out more about the two-day event here.
Please note that Booking Fees apply on the following transactions:
Online: £1.25 per ticket + £1.50 postage or free collection at the Box Office
Telephone: £2.50 per transaction + £1.50 postage or free collection at the Box Office
In Person: Free
Please note that we are only able to post tickets within the UK. If you live overseas please select box office collection or print at home tickets. Tickets purchased for post will be send 10 – 14 days before the show date.
- By Rail
Direct trains go from London Victoria, Brighton and Ashford to Bexhill.
There are also trains from London Charing Cross, changing at St. Leonards Warrior Square and from London Bridge or Charing Cross going to Battle. Battle is only a short taxi journey away (15 mins approx).
Visit www.nationalrail.co.uk for up-to-date train travel information.
Town Taxis: 01424 211 511
Parkhurst Taxis: 01424 733 456
- By Car
If driving from the London area:
Take the M25, then A21 to Hastings. Turn off at John‘s Cross and follow the signs to Bexhill.
Take the A22 to Eastbourne, go across the Bishop roundabout to the A271 and follow the signs to Bexhill and the seafront. The De La Warr Pavilion is on the Marina.
From the Brighton area:
Follow the A27 out of Brighton until you arrive in Bexhill On Sea.
Please be aware the Rother District car park outside the De La Warr Pavilion operates paid parking until 8pm. After this time parking is free. There is also lmiited free car parking along the seafront.
Within the limits of this Grade One listed building, the De La Warr Pavilion strives to be fully accessible with a range of facilities to support your visit.
Assistance Dogs are permitted into the building.
Please contact the Box Office on 01424 229 111 to arrange a visit.
Facilities for disabled visitors
- Ramped access at the front of the building
- A low counter at the Box Office and Information Desk
- Disabled toilets on two floors
- A lift to all floors
- Accessible galleries on both floors
- An accessible Café
- Spaces for wheelchairs in the auditorium for seated events
- Ramped access in the auditorium for events during the day
- Ramped access into the Studio
- Two travel wheelchairs are available for use at the De La Warr Pavilion. To reserve, please call our box office and information desk on (01424) 229111 or ask a member of staff on arrival. The chairs are provided on a first come, first served basis and are intended for use inside the Pavilion. Please contact us for more information.
Facilities for blind or visually-impaired
- Large print season brochures
Facilities for the hard-of-hearing
- An T-Switch induction loop in some areas of the auditorium (please indicate when booking as this facility is not available on the balcony)
- British Sign Language interpretation tours of the building and exhibitions are available on request.