The Rotary Club is an international organisation that’s raises millions of pounds in funds for charity.
The Rotary Club of Bexhill raises in excess of £12,000 every year all of which is given to local charities. As part its international commitment it raises funds for End Polio. An illness which is now only found in two countries world wide.
Ale & Arty Beer and Music Festival is one of the clubs leading events and has raised funds for local charities such as Sara Lee and The Pelham.
This year’s event will be on Friday 29th and Saturday 30th March.
At this time the Ale and Cider lists are being compiled but there will definitely be beers from Long Man Brewery who are coming on board this year as our supporting brewery and Cider will be coming from Middle Farm with the usual mix of local Kent and Sussex ciders. As usual beer and cider will be purchased by token which will be available as you enter the event.
Friday night will see the Harry Randle Marsh Band opening at 7.15 pm and headlined by Mad about Motown playing from 9pm till close providing an evening of Soul and Motown.
Saturday night will see The Do Theys opening at 7.15pm and headlined by local band The Chandeliers playing from 9pm until close providing covers of all your favourite songs new and old.
7 – 11pm
£16 for both nights
Please note that Booking Fees apply on the following transactions:
Online: £1.25 per ticket + £1.50 postage or free collection at the Box Office
Telephone: £2.50 per transaction + £1.50 postage or free collection at the Box Office
In Person: Free
Please note that we are only able to post tickets within the UK. If you live overseas please select box office collection or print at home tickets. Tickets purchased for post will be send 10 – 14 days before the show date.
- By Rail
Direct trains go from London Victoria, Brighton and Ashford to Bexhill.
There are also trains from London Charing Cross, changing at St. Leonards Warrior Square and from London Bridge or Charing Cross going to Battle. Battle is only a short taxi journey away (15 mins approx).
Visit www.nationalrail.co.uk for up-to-date train travel information.
Town Taxis: 01424 211 511
Parkhurst Taxis: 01424 733 456
- By Car
If driving from the London area:
Take the M25, then A21 to Hastings. Turn off at John‘s Cross and follow the signs to Bexhill.
Take the A22 to Eastbourne, go across the Bishop roundabout to the A271 and follow the signs to Bexhill and the seafront. The De La Warr Pavilion is on the Marina.
From the Brighton area:
Follow the A27 out of Brighton until you arrive in Bexhill On Sea.
Please be aware the Rother District car park outside the De La Warr Pavilion operates paid parking until 8pm. After this time parking is free. There is also lmiited free car parking along the seafront.
Within the limits of this Grade One listed building, the De La Warr Pavilion strives to be fully accessible with a range of facilities to support your visit.
Assistance Dogs are permitted into the building.
Please contact the Box Office on 01424 229 111 to arrange a visit.
Facilities for disabled visitors
- Ramped access at the front of the building
- A low counter at the Box Office and Information Desk
- Disabled toilets on two floors
- A lift to all floors
- Accessible galleries on both floors
- An accessible Café
- Spaces for wheelchairs in the auditorium for seated events
- Ramped access in the auditorium for events during the day
- Ramped access into the Studio
- Two travel wheelchairs are available for use at the De La Warr Pavilion. To reserve, please call our box office and information desk on (01424) 229111 or ask a member of staff on arrival. The chairs are provided on a first come, first served basis and are intended for use inside the Pavilion. Please contact us for more information.
Facilities for blind or visually-impaired
- Large print season brochures
Facilities for the hard-of-hearing
- An T-Switch induction loop in some areas of the auditorium (please indicate when booking as this facility is not available on the balcony)
- British Sign Language interpretation tours of the building and exhibitions are available on request.