ARTiculation Discovery Days are designed to develop and support young people’s understanding and engagement with art. During this free one-day workshop participants explore the current exhibitions through research, group discussion and interviews with our curators.
At the end of the day, every student delivers their research and personal responses as part of a short group presentation.
Objectives and Outcomes:
• Engage students with their local art institutions and the opportunities they offer.
• Encourage students to look at artworks first then find more information to help them form their own interpretations.
• Develop students’ critical thinking skills and their literate and visual language.
• Invite students to question and offer responses to artworks. Individual and group discussions will allow ideas to be shared, challenged and developed.
• Foster students’ public speaking skills and increase their confidence.
• Return to school/college with a variety of starting points and ideas for work.
In partnership with The Roche Court Educational Trust.
To find out more or book places contact firstname.lastname@example.org
10am – 3pm
For Key Stage 5 students
FREE, places are limited and booking essential
The De La Warr Pavilion is a champion for the Creative Industries, hosting events and activities that bring together and showcase local creative businesses. We are a hub for South East Creatives, a business development and support programme for the creative, cultural and digital sectors funded by the European Union Regional Development Fund.