A not for profit community event organised by Hastings Direct, Rother District Council, Print Station, Gelato Italia.
9am – 4pm
Join Bexhill’s Royal Wedding Party and take part in a massive commemorative photo. The event will include a big screen broadcast of the Royal Wedding with live music, children’s rides and food and drink stalls outside on the lawns. ITV News will be broadcasting live from the lawns between 9am and 11am and BBC’s Radio Sussex’s Danny Pike will be broadcasting live all day.
The day will kick off at around 9.15am on the far lawn when Awesome Alfie will be holding a Children’s Royal Wedding Party, organised by Hastings Direct. All children are invited to the Party and to dress up as Princes and Princesses for the day. There will be a Fancy Dress Competition with prizes for the winners and the Bexhill Carnival Court will also be in attendance.
As ITV News will be broadcasting live from this event, make sure you dress in all your finery and wave your Union Jacks.
At 10.30am you are invited to create the letters BEXHILL E II R with your bodies for a commemorative photo to be taken from the air by drone, recording for posterity how the people of Bexhill celebrated the wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. The photo will require about 800 people to take part – so make sure you don’t miss out!
After the photo has been taken, we invite you to bring your picnic and watch the wedding broadcast live on the big screen.
Picnic chairs and tables are discouraged due to sightlines and may be asked to move. Picnic blankets are welcome!
Please note that Booking Fees apply on the following transactions:
Online: £1.25 per ticket + £1.50 postage or free collection at the Box Office
Telephone: £2.50 per transaction + £1.50 postage or free collection at the Box Office
In Person: Free
Please note that we are only able to post tickets within the UK. If you live overseas please select box office collection or print at home tickets. Tickets purchased for post will be send 10 – 14 days before the show date.
- By Rail
Direct trains go from London Victoria, Brighton and Ashford to Bexhill.
There are also trains from London Charing Cross, changing at St. Leonards Warrior Square and from London Bridge or Charing Cross going to Battle. Battle is only a short taxi journey away (15 mins approx).
Visit www.nationalrail.co.uk for up-to-date train travel information.
Town Taxis: 01424 211 511
Parkhurst Taxis: 01424 733 456
- By Car
If driving from the London area:
Take the M25, then A21 to Hastings. Turn off at John‘s Cross and follow the signs to Bexhill.
Take the A22 to Eastbourne, go across the Bishop roundabout to the A271 and follow the signs to Bexhill and the seafront. The De La Warr Pavilion is on the Marina.
From the Brighton area:
Follow the A27 out of Brighton until you arrive in Bexhill On Sea.
Please be aware the Rother District car park outside the De La Warr Pavilion operates paid parking until 8pm. After this time parking is free. There is also lmiited free car parking along the seafront.
Within the limits of this Grade One listed building, the De La Warr Pavilion strives to be fully accessible with a range of facilities to support your visit.
Assistance Dogs are permitted into the building.
Please contact the Box Office on 01424 229 111 to arrange a visit.
Facilities for disabled visitors
- Ramped access at the front of the building
- A low counter at the Box Office and Information Desk
- Disabled toilets on two floors
- A lift to all floors
- Accessible galleries on both floors
- An accessible Café
- Spaces for wheelchairs in the auditorium for seated events
- Ramped access in the auditorium for events during the day
- Ramped access into the Studio
- Two travel wheelchairs are available for use at the De La Warr Pavilion. To reserve, please call our box office and information desk on (01424) 229111 or ask a member of staff on arrival. The chairs are provided on a first come, first served basis and are intended for use inside the Pavilion. Please contact us for more information.
Facilities for blind or visually-impaired
- Large print season brochures
Facilities for the hard-of-hearing
- An T-Switch induction loop in some areas of the auditorium (please indicate when booking as this facility is not available on the balcony)
- British Sign Language interpretation tours of the building and exhibitions are available on request.