50 years on from the first Mothers Of Invention album release ‘Freak Out’, Frank Zappa’s son Dweezil and his amazing band hand-pick their favourite tracks from the extensive back catalogue.
Exposed to the music industry from an early age, Dweezil Zappa developed a strong affinity for playing the guitar and producing music. Able to learn directly from world-class guitarists such as Steve Vai and Eddie Van Halen, Dweezil quickly developed into a musical star in his own right, releasing his first single (produced by Eddie Van Halen) at the age of 12.
Since 2006, Dweezil put his own original music on hold, assembled a virtuoso band of musicians and devoted himself to performing the music of Frank Zappa extensively at venues across the world, the only official act to do so since his father’s death in 1993.
In 2009, they were awarded a Grammy Award for best rock instrumental performance for their version of ‘Peaches en Regalia’. They were nominated in the same category in 2010 for their performance of ‘The Deathless Horsie’.
Witness Dweezil and his band bringing his father’s musical legacy to life on stage, fifty years since The Mothers Of Invention first toured the UK.
Please note that Booking Fees apply on the following transactions:
Online: £1 per ticket + £1.50 postage or free collection at the Box Office
Telephone: £2 per transaction + £1.50 postage or free collection at the Box Office
In Person: Free
- By Rail
Direct trains go from London Victoria, Brighton and Ashford to Bexhill.
There are also trains from London Charing Cross, changing at St. Leonards Warrior Square and from London Bridge or Charing Cross going to Battle. Battle is only a short taxi journey away (15 mins approx).
Visit www.nationalrail.co.uk for up-to-date train travel information.
Town Taxis: 01424 211 511
Parkhurst Taxis: 01424 733 456
- By Car
If driving from the London area:
Take the M25, then A21 to Hastings. Turn off at John‘s Cross and follow the signs to Bexhill.
Take the A22 to Eastbourne, go across the Bishop roundabout to the A271 and follow the signs to Bexhill and the seafront. The De La Warr Pavilion is on the Marina.
From the Brighton area:
Follow the A27 out of Brighton until you arrive in Bexhill On Sea.
Please be aware the Rother District car park outside the De La Warr Pavilion operates paid parking until 8pm. After this time parking is free. There is also lmiited free car parking along the seafront.
Within the limits of this Grade One listed building, the De La Warr Pavilion strives to be fully accessible with a range of facilities to support your visit.
Assistance Dogs are permitted into the building.
Please contact the Box Office on 01424 229 111 to arrange a visit.
Facilities for disabled visitors
- Ramped access at the front of the building
- A low counter at the Box Office and Information Desk
- Disabled toilets on two floors
- A lift to all floors
- Accessible galleries on both floors
- An accessible Café
- Spaces for wheelchairs in the auditorium for seated events
- Ramped access in the auditorium for events during the day
- Ramped access into the Studio
- Two travel wheelchairs are available for use at the De La Warr Pavilion. To reserve, please call our box office and information desk on (01424) 229111 or ask a member of staff on arrival. The chairs are provided on a first come, first served basis and are intended for use inside the Pavilion. Please contact us for more information.
Facilities for blind or visually-impaired
- Large print season brochures
Facilities for the hard-of-hearing
- An T-Switch induction loop in some areas of the auditorium (please indicate when booking as this facility is not available on the balcony)
- British Sign Language interpretation tours of the building and exhibitions are available on request.