East Sussex Youth Orchestra (ESYO) draws together the most talented young musicians from East Sussex to perform the great classical repertoire as part of their musical education.
This year is no exception with the programme including Manual de Falla’s thrilling orchestral suite ‘The Three Cornered Hat’ alongside one of the great orchestral masterpieces in Tchaikovsky’s 5th Symphony.
ESYO meets twice a year under the direction of conductor Colin Metters, culminating in outstanding and inspiring performances in prestigious concert venues in Sussex and further afield.
Founded 38 years ago, the orchestra offers its members the opportunity to learn from professional tutors and from each other. It is not just about the music, it is about being a better team player, developing confidence, concentration and social skills.
ESYO has toured Europe; Belgium, Poland, Spain, France and the Netherlands performing at the highly acclaimed Pablo Casals International Festival in 2008, and La Madeleine in Paris. Closer to home, they have performed at the Edinburgh International Festival, and in London at the Royal College of Music, the Royal Albert Hall and Royal Festival Hall. In 2014 the orchestra toured Germany, Czech Republic and Slovakia as part of the 35th-anniversary celebrations.
Please note that Booking Fees apply on the following transactions:
Online: £1.25 per ticket + £1.50 postage or free collection at the Box Office
Telephone: £2.50 per transaction + £1.50 postage or free collection at the Box Office
In Person: Free
Please note that we are only able to post tickets within the UK. If you live overseas please select box office collection or print at home tickets. Tickets purchased for post will be send 10 – 14 days before the show date.
- By Rail
Direct trains go from London Victoria, Brighton and Ashford to Bexhill.
There are also trains from London Charing Cross, changing at St. Leonards Warrior Square and from London Bridge or Charing Cross going to Battle. Battle is only a short taxi journey away (15 mins approx).
Visit www.nationalrail.co.uk for up-to-date train travel information.
Town Taxis: 01424 211 511
Parkhurst Taxis: 01424 733 456
- By Car
If driving from the London area:
Take the M25, then A21 to Hastings. Turn off at John‘s Cross and follow the signs to Bexhill.
Take the A22 to Eastbourne, go across the Bishop roundabout to the A271 and follow the signs to Bexhill and the seafront. The De La Warr Pavilion is on the Marina.
From the Brighton area:
Follow the A27 out of Brighton until you arrive in Bexhill On Sea.
Please be aware the Rother District car park outside the De La Warr Pavilion operates paid parking until 8pm. After this time parking is free. There is also lmiited free car parking along the seafront.
Within the limits of this Grade One listed building, the De La Warr Pavilion strives to be fully accessible with a range of facilities to support your visit.
Assistance Dogs are permitted into the building.
Please contact the Box Office on 01424 229 111 to arrange a visit.
Facilities for disabled visitors
- Ramped access at the front of the building
- A low counter at the Box Office and Information Desk
- Disabled toilets on two floors
- A lift to all floors
- Accessible galleries on both floors
- An accessible Café
- Spaces for wheelchairs in the auditorium for seated events
- Ramped access in the auditorium for events during the day
- Ramped access into the Studio
- Two travel wheelchairs are available for use at the De La Warr Pavilion. To reserve, please call our box office and information desk on (01424) 229111 or ask a member of staff on arrival. The chairs are provided on a first come, first served basis and are intended for use inside the Pavilion. Please contact us for more information.
Facilities for blind or visually-impaired
- Large print season brochures
Facilities for the hard-of-hearing
- An T-Switch induction loop in some areas of the auditorium (please indicate when booking as this facility is not available on the balcony)
- British Sign Language interpretation tours of the building and exhibitions are available on request.