These events are sold out but ADDITIONAL TICKETS JUST RELEASED! BOOK NOW!
A tribute of six performances in memory of Peter Pyemont (Bede’s Headmaster and Dickens fan) & in support of Camilla’s Bookshop in Eastbourne (recently recovering from fire damage).
Eddie Izzard invites you to previews of his solo performance of Charles Dickens’ classic epic Great Expectations, live from the Italian Gardens, Eastbourne in COVID safe conditions.
Tuesday 15 September – Sunday 20 September 2020
A tale of convicts, mystery, friendship, rivalry, unrequited love, revenge and redemption.
Actor, comedian – Eddie’s career spans both of these with record-breaking comedy tours and critically acclaimed film, TV and theatre performances. But few know that it was acting that was Eddie’s first love. These preview shows offer the chance to see Eddie as he follows in Dickens’ footsteps with his live performance of the master storyteller’s much-loved classic.
This event is taking place outside at the Italian Gardens, Eastbourne.
The show will go ahead come rain or shine.
1M x 1M blanket space for two people £50
Blankets are not provided please bring your own. No chairs permitted (except floor chairs, with no legs). Please see important information below for further details.
Entry to the gig is via the path just above the Holywell Tea Chalet.
- Doors 2pm
- Last entry 2.30pm
- Start 3pm
Run time approx. 2hours including interval.
Please read these important notes before you come to this event.
- If you are displaying any symptoms of coronavirus, please do not attend.
- The event has been laid out to encourage social distancing
- The gig will go ahead come rain or shine
- Entry to the gig is via the path just above the Holywell Tea Chalet
- Please bring warm and waterproof clothing as desired but no umbrellas are permitted during the show as these will prevent other people from seeing the stage
- There will be no refunds unless the gig is cancelled
- There will be no admission after 2.30pm this is to ensure there is plenty of time to get everybody to the performance area safely and at a social distance
- Please bring a blanket that does not exceed the 1metre by 1metre allocated area. You’re welcome to bring your own cushions
- We regret that we cannot allow your own chairs (with legs), stools or deckchairs. However, you’re welcome to bring your own floor chairs (those without legs)
- Blankets cannot be moved outside of the marked areas
- Smoking is not permitted at any point in the gardens
- Please keep your ticket with you at all times
- Bags may be subject to random searches as you enter the gardens.
These terms are in place to comply with government guidelines and help keep everyone safe.
For mobility and access enquiries please contact Box Office email@example.com
Getting to the Italian Gardens, Eastbourne
Address: 53 King Edward’s Parade, Eastbourne, BN20 7XB
The Italian Gardens is located below Helen Gardens at Holywell end of the seafront (the western end of Eastbourne seafront, 2 kilometers south west of Eastbourne’s Victorian pier).
There are direct trains to Eastbourne from Bexhill, London Victoria, Brighton and Ashford International and other towns. From the station it’s a short taxi ride.