To celebrate the reopening of the DLWP, Eddie Izzard returns with an abridged version of Eddie’s latest comedy wold tour Wunderbar. Eddie may be adding in a scene or two from past shows for good measure.
LIVE from the rooftop of the DLWP in COVID safe conditions. The show will go ahead come rain or shine.
(Feel free to bring warm and waterproof coverings, but no umbrellas please.)
Tickets selling fast for Eddie Izzard’s 6pm show on the DLWP Rooftop: Expectations of Great Expectations BOOK HERE
- Single chair (provided by DLWP) £25
- Pair of chairs (provided by DLWP) £50
- Pair of deckchairs (provided by DLWP) £50
- Blanket space for four (blanket not provided) £100
19 – 23 August
- Trailer bar opens: 7.30pm
- Rooftop opens: 8.30pm
- Last entry: 8.45pm
- Starts: 9pm
Run time approx. 1h 35mins including interval.
All artist profits will go to the De la Warr Pavilion.
Pre-show dining available for Friday 21 and Saturday 22 August ticket holders
Must be booked in advance. Purchase your pre-show dining meal when buying Wunderbar+ tickets or if you have already booked to see the show you will receive an email with a direct link.
£15 per person. 7pm in the Café Bar.
- Charcuterie platter and drink (bottle of beer/175ml glass of house wine/soft drink)
- Vegetarian platter and drink (bottle of beer/175ml glass of house wine/soft drink)
- If you are displaying any symptoms of coronavirus, please do not come in.
- This show may contain strong and imaginative language.
- The event has been laid out to encourage social distancing.
- The gig will go ahead come rain or shine.
- Entry to the gig is via the doors on the south of the building NOT through the front doors.
- Please bring warm and waterproof clothing as desired but no umbrellas will be admitted onto the roof as these will prevent other people from seeing the stage.
- There will be no refunds unless the gig is cancelled.
- There will be no admission after 8.45pm. This is to ensure there is plenty of time to get everybody to the performance area safely and at a social distance.
- If you have purchased a blanket space please bring a blanket that does not exceed the 2M by 2M allocated area. You’re welcome to bring your own cushions
- Deckchairs and other chairs will be provided if you have selected a single or double seated ticket. We regret that we cannot allow your own chairs, stools, beanbags or deckchairs – you will be asked to take these items back home and return without them. However, you’re welcome to bring your own cushions.
- Chairs cannot be moved outside of the marked areas.
- Only food and drink purchased at the DLWP will be allowed on the rooftop.
- Smoking is not permitted at any point in the building or on the rooftop.
- Bags may be subject to random searches as you enter the building.
- Please keep your ticket with you at all times.
- Please respect our staff who are here to keep you safe.
Please read these additional T&Cs regarding seating arrangements on the rooftop. These are in place to comply with government guidelines and help keep everyone safe.
- The illustrations on the seating plan are not to scale and subject to change.
- Due to social distancing, all reservations are per area/seat rather than per individual ticket.
- Up to 4 people maximum are allowed on a blanket, 2 people on a pair of deckchairs and 1 person per single seat. Up to two households can sit together.
- Attendees must remain inside their area at all times unless to use toilet facilities.
- The bar will only be open before the performance where interval drinks can also be purchased.
- If more than 4 people are wanting to attend, additional ticket areas must be purchased.
- All boxes have a clear boundary. Social distancing must be adhered to when moving around the venue.
- Front Row boxes are approximately 3m from the performer.
Please use contactless payment in the building wherever possible.
Please email us in advance if you have any queries about access. email@example.com
Our Patron Eddie Izzard is performing these gigs in support of the De La Warr Pavilion.
The financial impact of being closed for so long means we still need support. We are your Pavilion – you can donate today on dlwp.com/donate or read here about becoming a Member or Patron