Pre-book your time slot to guarantee entry on this day: Friday 14 August
Please read the below information carefully before visiting.
If you are displaying any symptoms of coronavirus, please do not come in.
Because of our limited capacity, please leave by the end of your timeslot.
Your ticket is not a reservation for a table in the Cafe. Please go to the Cafe entrance and wait to be seated at the next available table.
This ticket give you free access to the following:
Zadie Xa: Child Of Magohalmi And The Echoes Of Creation
Marc Bauer: Mal Etre/Performance
- Café Bar
10am – 12noon: drinks, homemade cakes and pastries
12.30 – 2.30pm: lunch service only. Click here to see menu.
3pm – 4pm: drinks & homemade cakes (last orders 3.30pm)
A limited number of people can visit the shop at one time.
- Music’s Not Dead
Bexhill’s independent Record Store is in the foyer
- Terrace Bar
Open Friday – Sunday, 10am – 4pm weather permitting.
You do not need to book to use the terrace bar.
Hand sanitiser stations will be located around the building.
Please wear a face covering at all times except when you are in the Cafe Bar or on the rooftop attending an event.
See here for Government guidelines on face coverings.
Please keep to the following guidelines when you are in the building:
- Use contactless payment wherever possible.
- Sanitise your hands when entering the building or cafe.
- Respect social distancing according to government advice
- Keep your ticket with you at all times
- Do not gather in a group and respect government guidelines (link)
- Wash or sanitize your hands frequently
- Respect our staff who are here to keep you safe.
- Follow the arrows for the one way route around the building.
Read here to find out how we are keeping you safe
Events on this day
Eddie Izzard will be performing on the rooftop at 3pm Expectations of Great Expectations (limited tickets left – click here to book)
Please email us in advance if you have any queries about access.
The financial impact of being closed
for so long means we still need
your support. We are your Pavilion – please donate today.
While you are here please visit Bexhill’s shops, cafes, bars, B&Bs and Bexhill Museum
Please note that Booking Fees apply on the following transactions:
Online: Tickets booked online are subject to booking fees when purchased through our website. E-tickets for print at at home are emailed instantly on the account you have registered with DLWP and are free of charge. They can also be downloaded from our website within My Account.
Telephone: £3.50 per transaction + £2 postage or free collection at the Box Office.
In Person: There are currently no charges for booking tickets in person.
There is a £2 charge to post tickets.
We strongly recommend ticket buyers to take out Ticket Protection insurance with Secure My Booking available when you book your tickets at check out.
Please note that we are only able to post tickets within the UK. If you live overseas please select box office collection or print at home tickets. Tickets purchased for post will be sent 10 – 14 days before the show date.
Full terms and conditions can be found here.
Book online: Pre-show dining can be booked online as an add-on when purchasing tickets for selected events. You will be purchasing a ticket to guarantee your meal before the show.
Please note you must be a ticket holder to the show to book pre-show dining.
Already booked your tickets? If you’ve already booked tickets for a show and would like to add dining, please contact Box Office: email@example.com
On the night: If you have pre-booked please come to the bar to order from the gig menu and sit at one of the reserved tables.
Please be aware that we operate no re-entry for gigs. This means that once you have entered the building, you cannot go out and re-enter. This policy is in line with other major music venues across the UK and put in place on police advice. No re-entry is clearly signposted as you come through security on the front door.
There is a fenced-off area on the terrace for people who go out to smoke or vape.
There are plenty of welcoming and good value B&Bs & boutique hotels in Bexhill. The De La Warr Pavilion regularly uses the following:
- By Rail
Direct trains go from London Victoria, Brighton and Ashford to Bexhill.
There are also trains from London Charing Cross, changing at St. Leonards Warrior Square and from London Bridge or Charing Cross going to Battle. Battle is only a short taxi journey away (15 mins approx).
Visit www.nationalrail.co.uk for up-to-date train travel information.
Town Taxis: 01424 211 511
Parkhurst Taxis: 01424 733 456
- By Car
If driving from the London area:
Take the M25, then A21 to Hastings. Turn off at John‘s Cross and follow the signs to Bexhill.
Take the A22 to Eastbourne, go across the Bishop roundabout to the A271 and follow the signs to Bexhill and the seafront. The De La Warr Pavilion is on the Marina.
From the Brighton area:
Follow the A27 out of Brighton until you arrive in Bexhill On Sea.
Please be aware the Rother District car park outside the De La Warr Pavilion operates paid parking until 8pm. After this time parking is free.
Within the limits of this Grade One listed building, the De La Warr Pavilion strives to be fully accessible with a range of facilities to support your visit.
Assistance Dogs are permitted into the building.
Please contact the Box Office on firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit.
Facilities for disabled visitors
- Ramped access at the front of the building
- A low counter at the Box Office and Information Desk
- Disabled toilets on two floors
- A lift to all floors
- Accessible galleries on both floors
- An accessible Café
- Spaces for wheelchairs in the auditorium for seated events
- Ramped access in the auditorium for events during the day
- Ramped access into the Studio
- Two travel wheelchairs are available for use at the De La Warr Pavilion. To reserve, please call our box office and information desk on (01424) 229111 or ask a member of staff on arrival. The chairs are provided on a first come, first served basis and are intended for use inside the Pavilion. Please contact us for more information.
Facilities for blind or visually-impaired
- Large print season brochures
Facilities for the hard-of-hearing
- An T-Switch induction loop in some areas of the auditorium (please indicate when booking as this facility is not available on the balcony)
- British Sign Language interpretation tours of the building and exhibitions are available on request.