Following unprecedented public demand, Haircut 100 are back with their first UK tour in over 40 years!*
Hot on the heels of their Pelican West 40th anniversary shows in London and Oxford in May this year, which sold out in less than 20 minutes – now the band wow fans with the announcement that they’ll be taking to the road.
* “40 years since ‘Pelican West’ went Platinum, and we thought a few people might want to celebrate with us at the Shepherd’s Bush Empire… Wow! What a fantastic night it was back in May this year! Our fans are incredible and tickets sold out so fast that our families and friends almost missed the boat, those tickets became gold dust,” smiles Nick Heyward. “But we are coming back with a tour to beat all tours this autumn, and we can’t wait. All the hits that you love and new tracks that we are bursting to share with you. See you all there for the biggest tour that Haircut 100 have ever undertaken.”
Bringing the past 40 years whizzing into the present day, the Haircut 100 boys will come together to fuse the sounds of the original Pelican West album, along with their classic 80s hits, as well as new music from the band. These shows will be an unforgettable Haircut 100 live experience that fans won’t want to miss.
The London boys of new-wave pop guarantee a headline set that promises to raise the roof on a fantastic day for Haircut 100 fans. Be there!
£33.50 adv standing
£36 adv seats
- Priority seating in the first few rows of the balcony
- Pre-show Meet & Greet with the band / Nick with photo opportunity
- VIP lanyard and laminate
- Exclusive Haircut 100 merch item
- INCLUDES ENTRY TICKET
Suitable for all ages. U14s accompanied and in seats
More about the bands
The last Haircut 100 Tour was in 1982: https://retrodundee.blogspot.com/2010/04/haircut-100-bluebells-caird-hall-1982.html?m=1
Haircut 100 released their debut album in February 1982, Pelican West. The band were an instant smash with four UK Top 10 singles including ‘Fantastic Day’, ‘Favourite Shirts (Boy Meets Girl)’ and ‘Love Plus One’, with the album storming into the UK Top 10 for three months, ten weeks of which were in the Top 5, and 34 weeks in the Top 40.
Over 40 years on, the band released a bonus version of that iconic Pelican West album, with a one-off live show to bring the album to life – public demand for tickets spurred the need for a full UK tour. Haircut 100 are back! Over four CDs, there are 54 tracks, of which 24 are unreleased, including nascent versions of later Nick Heyward solo hits ‘Whistle Down The Wind’, ‘Blue Hat For A Blue Day’ and the great lost Haircut 100 single ‘Sunny Boy, Sunny Girl’. The album is available as a Super Deluxe Edition featuring a new remaster of Pelican West, all the 12” mixes and b-sides, a live set from Hammersmith Odeon and for the first time, the demos for their unfinished second album, which was given the provisional title Blue Hat For A Blue Day. The 4-CD set features a 44-page booklet with a new 10,000-word sleeve note featuring an oral history of the time with all members interviewed by the set’s curator, author and DJ Daryl Easlea. The booklet includes memorabilia and exclusive photos from the personal collection of Haircut’s guitarist Graham Jones and bassist Les Nemes.
Taking their lead musically from an eclectic set of influences that range from Glam Pop to Broadway, Barbara make classic, irresistible 70s infused pop music. Whilst the influence on the band’s sound is noticeably American, Barbara’s lyrics are quintessentially British, infused with the inquisitive, satirical spirit of Harold Pinter, George Orwell and Ray Davies. In 2022 Barbara were handpicked by Neil Hannon to support The Divine Comedy on their ‘Charmed Life’ UK tour.
“They are so up my street … really tight songwriting, very poptastic!”
Neil Hannon (The Divine Comedy)
“Barbara are wonderful. I love their songs and their humour. We need more Barbara in our lives!”
Chris Difford (Squeeze)
“Barbara are an insanely talented band with an innate sense of melody and arrangement … The ambitious scope and toe tapping immediacy of their sound belies their tender years.”
Please note that Booking Fees apply on the following transactions:
Online: Tickets booked online are subject to booking fees when purchased through our website. E-tickets for print at at home are emailed instantly on the account you have registered with DLWP and are free of charge. They can also be downloaded from our website within My Account.
Telephone: £3.50 per transaction + £2 postage or free collection at the Box Office.
In Person: There are currently no charges for booking tickets in person.
There is a £2 charge to post tickets.
We strongly recommend ticket buyers to take out Ticket Protection insurance with Secure My Booking available when you book your tickets at check out.
Please note that we are only able to post tickets within the UK. If you live overseas please select box office collection or print at home tickets. Tickets purchased for post will be sent 10 – 14 days before the show date.
Full terms and conditions can be found here.
Book online: Pre-show dining can be booked online as an add-on when purchasing tickets for selected events. You will be purchasing a ticket to guarantee your meal before the show.
Please note you must be a ticket holder to the show to book pre-show dining.
Already booked your tickets? If you’ve already booked tickets for a show and would like to add dining, please contact Box Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
On the night: If you have pre-booked please come to the bar to order from the gig menu and sit at one of the reserved tables.
Please be aware that we operate no re-entry for gigs. This means that once you have entered the building, you cannot go out and re-enter. This policy is in line with other major music venues across the UK and put in place on police advice. No re-entry is clearly signposted as you come through security on the front door.
There is a fenced-off area on the terrace for people who go out to smoke or vape.
- By Rail
Direct trains go from London Victoria, Brighton and Ashford to Bexhill.
There are also trains from London Charing Cross, changing at St. Leonards Warrior Square and from London Bridge or Charing Cross going to Battle. Battle is only a short taxi journey away (15 mins approx).
Visit www.nationalrail.co.uk for up-to-date train travel information.
Town Taxis: 01424 211 511
Parkhurst Taxis: 01424 733 456
- By Car
If driving from the London area:
Take the M25, then A21 to Hastings. Turn off at John‘s Cross and follow the signs to Bexhill.
Take the A22 to Eastbourne, go across the Bishop roundabout to the A271 and follow the signs to Bexhill and the seafront. The De La Warr Pavilion is on the Marina.
From the Brighton area:
Follow the A27 out of Brighton until you arrive in Bexhill On Sea.
Please be aware the Rother District car park outside the De La Warr Pavilion operates paid parking until 8pm. After this time parking is free.
Within the limits of this Grade One listed building, the De La Warr Pavilion strives to be fully accessible with a range of facilities to support your visit.
Assistance Dogs are permitted into the building.
Please contact the Box Office on email@example.com to arrange a visit.
Facilities for disabled visitors
- Ramped access at the front of the building
- A low counter at the Box Office and Information Desk
- Disabled toilets on two floors
- A lift to all floors
- Accessible galleries on both floors
- An accessible Café
- Spaces for wheelchairs in the auditorium for seated events
- Ramped access in the auditorium for events during the day
- Ramped access into the Studio
- Two travel wheelchairs are available for use at the De La Warr Pavilion. To reserve, please call our box office and information desk on (01424) 229111 or ask a member of staff on arrival. The chairs are provided on a first come, first served basis and are intended for use inside the Pavilion. Please contact us for more information.
Facilities for blind or visually-impaired
- Large print season brochures
Facilities for the hard-of-hearing
- An T-Switch induction loop in some areas of the auditorium (please indicate when booking as this facility is not available on the balcony)
- British Sign Language interpretation tours of the building and exhibitions are available on request.