Improve your mental and physical wellbeing so you can stay active and enjoy life as you get a little older.
From 3 until 5.30pm
FREE, no ticket required
Activities and information that can help you to support your own physical and mental health.
Throughout the building
The list of stalls and activity sessions being provided is available here.
FREE, booking required
Talk: Avoiding Frailty in Older Age: Be your own doctor.
In the Auditorium
An evening presentation from award-winning Dr Elena Mucci, Consultant Geriatrician – “The Common Sense Advisor” and Mr Michael Jackson, Pharmacist in Cardiology. Doctors Mucci and Jackson have a strong belief in patient power! Through entertaining facts and patient stories they bring years of clinical experience to show you how to take control over your health and “Be Your Own Doctor”. They will help you to think about how to best look after your health and wellbeing and to understand your medicines so you can live better for longer.
- Doors 5.30pm
- Start 5.55pm
- Interval 7pm
- Second half 7.30pm
- Q&A 8pm
- Finish approx 8.30pm
“Funny, clever and interesting – so many things I hadn’t thought about that will keep me safer and healthier as I get older, I left feeling inspired”
“Entertaining and thought provoking. This could change my future.”
Spaces may be limited for the evening presentation, to avoid disappointment you can reserve your free seat now!
We recommend booking your ticket online or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also pop into the De La Warr Pavilion to book in person.
If you require booking support, or to reserve a wheelchair space please call our Box Office on 01424 229129, Wednesday – Sunday, 10am to 6pm.
For ages 16+
A Rother District Council and Active Rother initiative.
- By Rail
Direct trains go from London Victoria, Brighton and Ashford to Bexhill.
There are also trains from London Charing Cross, changing at St. Leonards Warrior Square and from London Bridge or Charing Cross going to Battle. Battle is only a short taxi journey away (15 mins approx).
Visit www.nationalrail.co.uk for up-to-date train travel information.
Town Taxis: 01424 211 511
Parkhurst Taxis: 01424 733 456
- By Car
If driving from the London area:
Take the M25, then A21 to Hastings. Turn off at John‘s Cross and follow the signs to Bexhill.
Take the A22 to Eastbourne, go across the Bishop roundabout to the A271 and follow the signs to Bexhill and the seafront. The De La Warr Pavilion is on the Marina.
From the Brighton area:
Follow the A27 out of Brighton until you arrive in Bexhill On Sea.
Please be aware the Rother District car park outside the De La Warr Pavilion operates paid parking until 8pm. After this time parking is free. There is also lmiited free car parking along the seafront.
Within the limits of this Grade One listed building, the De La Warr Pavilion strives to be fully accessible with a range of facilities to support your visit.
Assistance Dogs are permitted into the building.
Please contact the Box Office on 01424 229 111 to arrange a visit.
Facilities for disabled visitors
- Ramped access at the front of the building
- A low counter at the Box Office and Information Desk
- Disabled toilets on two floors
- A lift to all floors
- Accessible galleries on both floors
- An accessible Café
- Spaces for wheelchairs in the auditorium for seated events
- Ramped access in the auditorium for events during the day
- Ramped access into the Studio
- Two travel wheelchairs are available for use at the De La Warr Pavilion. To reserve, please call our box office and information desk on (01424) 229111 or ask a member of staff on arrival. The chairs are provided on a first come, first served basis and are intended for use inside the Pavilion. Please contact us for more information.
Facilities for blind or visually-impaired
- Large print season brochures
Facilities for the hard-of-hearing
- An T-Switch induction loop in some areas of the auditorium (please indicate when booking as this facility is not available on the balcony)
- British Sign Language interpretation tours of the building and exhibitions are available on request.