Paul Simon's Graceland performed in full by The London African Gospel Choir. Live performance and dance is brought to the DLWP stage for this extraordinary musical event.
An uplifting and amazing show which sells out every venue and receives rave reviews from the audiences.
Thirty years after its release, 17 members of the London African Gospel Choir, perform their own powerful twist on Paul Simon’s ‘Graceland’ album, delivering from start to finish.
The richness & harmony of the Choir’s rhythmic, evocative & empowering, voices have created an overwhelming musical event, for anyone lucky enough to experience this special performance of Paul Simon’s Graceland.
“What a life enhancing evening!”.
“The most uplifting, energising evening I’ve had in years”.
“So many great songs so beautifully performed with so much energy and so many happy smiles”
After coming across a bootleg cassette of South African township music in the early 80s, Paul Simon was totally smitten by the infectious & irresistible rhythms… He travelled to Johannesburg, spending two weeks there, recording with the absolute cream of South African musicians.
That epic session, went on to form the basis of Simon’s most commercially successful album ever – Graceland. The record became a true global phenomenon, winning Grammys in both 1987 & 88, shifting 5 million copies Stateside & then another 2.5 million copies in the UK alone. The Graceland album spawned the hit singles, ‘Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes’, ‘The Boy in the Bubble’ & it’s biggest smash – ‘You Can Call Me Al.’
Eat before the show
Why not begin your evening with a bite to eat? There’s no need to book.
- Chargrilled handmade burger with crispy bacon melted mozzarella, ice berg relish and side of chips & onion rings
- Breaded cod fillet with crunchy veg salad and caper mayo
- Roasted vegetable and goats cheese lasagne with mixed leaf salad and garlic bread (V)
- Spicy lamb meatballs, couscous, and mint yoghurt
- Spiced potato wedges with a cucumber & mint dip (V)
- Tomato, basil, and red onion salad (V)
Please note that Booking Fees apply on the following transactions:
Online: £1.25 per ticket + £1.50 postage or free collection at the Box Office
Telephone: £2.50 per transaction + £1.50 postage or free collection at the Box Office
In Person: Free
Please note that we are only able to post tickets within the UK. If you live overseas please select box office collection or print at home tickets.
- By Rail
Direct trains go from London Victoria, Brighton and Ashford to Bexhill.
There are also trains from London Charing Cross, changing at St. Leonards Warrior Square and from London Bridge or Charing Cross going to Battle. Battle is only a short taxi journey away (15 mins approx).
Visit www.nationalrail.co.uk for up-to-date train travel information.
Town Taxis: 01424 211 511
Parkhurst Taxis: 01424 733 456
- By Car
If driving from the London area:
Take the M25, then A21 to Hastings. Turn off at John‘s Cross and follow the signs to Bexhill.
Take the A22 to Eastbourne, go across the Bishop roundabout to the A271 and follow the signs to Bexhill and the seafront. The De La Warr Pavilion is on the Marina.
From the Brighton area:
Follow the A27 out of Brighton until you arrive in Bexhill On Sea.
Please be aware the Rother District car park outside the De La Warr Pavilion operates paid parking until 8pm. After this time parking is free. There is also lmiited free car parking along the seafront.
Within the limits of this Grade One listed building, the De La Warr Pavilion strives to be fully accessible with a range of facilities to support your visit.
Assistance Dogs are permitted into the building.
Please contact the Box Office on 01424 229 111 to arrange a visit.
Facilities for disabled visitors
- Ramped access at the front of the building
- A low counter at the Box Office and Information Desk
- Disabled toilets on two floors
- A lift to all floors
- Accessible galleries on both floors
- An accessible Café
- Spaces for wheelchairs in the auditorium for seated events
- Ramped access in the auditorium for events during the day
- Ramped access into the Studio
- Two travel wheelchairs are available for use at the De La Warr Pavilion. To reserve, please call our box office and information desk on (01424) 229111 or ask a member of staff on arrival. The chairs are provided on a first come, first served basis and are intended for use inside the Pavilion. Please contact us for more information.
Facilities for blind or visually-impaired
- Large print season brochures
Facilities for the hard-of-hearing
- An T-Switch induction loop in some areas of the auditorium (please indicate when booking as this facility is not available on the balcony)
- British Sign Language interpretation tours of the building and exhibitions are available on request.