Join Hastings Furniture Service patron Mark Thomas at the De La Warr Pavilion for a benefit gig for this fantastic local charity.
Please note that there is no specific running order for this show. Please make sure you attend the whole show if there is a particular act you would like to see. Stage timings may be available on the night.
We are pleased to announce that Mark Thomas will be joined by Daniel Kitson, Robin Ince, Shazia Mirza, Jay Foreman, MC Tiernan Douieb and Bridget Christie.
Mark Thomas has supported Hastings Furniture Service for over 10 years. He says he loves the furniture service because it makes such a practical difference for people; “Community self-help projects like HFS change the world, one chair at a time”
HFS is a local charity that collects and reuses furniture and electricals to help people furnish and equip their homes affordably; provides training courses and volunteering experience to help people develop skills and confidence; and works with a range of schemes to help people who are resettling after a crisis.
Grab your tickets early to enjoy a great night for a great cause.
This event will raise funds for the HFS starter packs scheme.
HFS starter packs contain essential basic brand new items to help households starting out or starting again with nothing. They provide items such as saucepans, cooking equipment, crockery, cutlery, towels and cleaning items. The packs mean that people can cook, clean and bathe themselves and their children once they are housed. HFS works with organisations like Refuge, Seaview, HARC and Housing teams to make sure the packs help people in need get back on their feet after crises such as homelessness, abuse, institutionalization, and home fires.
For more information about HFS please click here
Eat before the show
Why not begin your evening with a bite to eat? There’s no need to book.
- Chargrilled handmade cheeseburger with iceberg relish, chips and onion rings
- Breaded goujons of local fish with a crunchy veg salad, chips and caper mayonnaise
- Roasted vegetable and goats cheese lasagne with mixed leaf salad and garlic bread (V)
- Spicy lamb meatballs, couscous, and mint yoghurt
- Spiced potato wedges with a cucumber & mint dip (V)
- Chips with homemade mayo
- Tomato, basil, and red onion salad (V)
Please note that Booking Fees apply on the following transactions:
Online: £1.25 per ticket + £1.50 postage or free collection at the Box Office
Telephone: £2.50 per transaction + £1.50 postage or free collection at the Box Office
In Person: Free
Please note that we are only able to post tickets within the UK. If you live overseas please select box office collection or print at home tickets. Tickets purchased for post will be send 10 – 14 days before the show date.
- By Rail
Direct trains go from London Victoria, Brighton and Ashford to Bexhill.
There are also trains from London Charing Cross, changing at St. Leonards Warrior Square and from London Bridge or Charing Cross going to Battle. Battle is only a short taxi journey away (15 mins approx).
Visit www.nationalrail.co.uk for up-to-date train travel information.
Town Taxis: 01424 211 511
Parkhurst Taxis: 01424 733 456
- By Car
If driving from the London area:
Take the M25, then A21 to Hastings. Turn off at John‘s Cross and follow the signs to Bexhill.
Take the A22 to Eastbourne, go across the Bishop roundabout to the A271 and follow the signs to Bexhill and the seafront. The De La Warr Pavilion is on the Marina.
From the Brighton area:
Follow the A27 out of Brighton until you arrive in Bexhill On Sea.
Please be aware the Rother District car park outside the De La Warr Pavilion operates paid parking until 8pm. After this time parking is free. There is also lmiited free car parking along the seafront.
Within the limits of this Grade One listed building, the De La Warr Pavilion strives to be fully accessible with a range of facilities to support your visit.
Assistance Dogs are permitted into the building.
Please contact the Box Office on 01424 229 111 to arrange a visit.
Facilities for disabled visitors
- Ramped access at the front of the building
- A low counter at the Box Office and Information Desk
- Disabled toilets on two floors
- A lift to all floors
- Accessible galleries on both floors
- An accessible Café
- Spaces for wheelchairs in the auditorium for seated events
- Ramped access in the auditorium for events during the day
- Ramped access into the Studio
- Two travel wheelchairs are available for use at the De La Warr Pavilion. To reserve, please call our box office and information desk on (01424) 229111 or ask a member of staff on arrival. The chairs are provided on a first come, first served basis and are intended for use inside the Pavilion. Please contact us for more information.
Facilities for blind or visually-impaired
- Large print season brochures
Facilities for the hard-of-hearing
- An T-Switch induction loop in some areas of the auditorium (please indicate when booking as this facility is not available on the balcony)
- British Sign Language interpretation tours of the building and exhibitions are available on request.