It's getting hot in here! Diamond-selling, multi-platinum, Grammy Award-winning rap superstar and actor, Nelly comes to Bexhill on Sea this December.
THIS EVENT IS NOW SOLD OUT
Ticket Holders Only 6pm
Auditorium Doors 7pm
Sir The Baptist 8 – 8.30pm
Nelly 9 – 10pm
Gig Menu 6 – 8.15pm
All timings are approximate and subject to change on the night.
Since stepping on the scene in 2000 with his distinctive vocals and larger-than-life personality, Nelly has continually raised the bar for the entertainment industry.
Just some of his hits include: Hot in Here, Dilemma [feat. Kelly Rowland], Country Grammar, Ride Wit Me, Just a Dream, Cruise reached diamond status, The Fix sampling Marvin Gaye, and summer sixteens dance anthem Millionaire with Cash Cash and Digital Animal Farm.
Nelly’s Country Grammar album and his song Cruise with FGL both achieved Diamond status in 2016, another season of top rated Real Husbands of Hollywood about to air and the second season of filming Nellyville is underway. Nelly also added sports commentator to his list of accomplishments with Fox Sports which makes him one of few actors with three television shows airing at one time.
In 2016, Nelly was featured in a unique opportunity to perform alongside the country’s most prestigious orchestras including St. Louis, Columbus and Pittsburgh garnering great reviews. Nelly has performed on NBC’s The Voice, The American Music Awards, ABC’s Greatest Hits and served as a judge on CW’s The Next.
The music mogul has also left his mark in other aspects of the industry, introducing his hugely successful women’s clothing line, Apple Bottoms and is part owner of the Charlotte Bobcats with Michael Jordan. In 2005, he made his big screen debut in the Adam Sandler and Chris Rock hit remake, The Longest Yard and in starred in Reach Me with Sylvester Stone 2014. Currently he supports Make a Wish and is the only rapper/music artist to own his own college, EI University, which provides education surrounding the music industry while Nelly himself provides scholarships.
American hip hop and R&B recording artist, producer and songwriter.
His music is often compared to fellow Chicago native and contemporary, Chance the Rapper, and his soulful tracks are similarly heavily influenced by his Christian upbringing, taking his fans back to the church – an experience mimicked in his uplifting live shows.
Sir the Baptist has performed at the Made in America Festival, Lollapalooza in his home town of Chicago, Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival, Sasquatch! Music Festival, Voodoo Fest, Life is Beautiful Festival, Free Press Summer Fest and Shaky Beats Music Festival, among others. He opened for Beyoncé in Brooklyn the Tidal X 1015 event.
Eat before the show
Why not begin your evening with a bite to eat? There’s no need to book.
- Chargrilled handmade cheeseburger with iceberg relish, chips and onion rings
- Breaded goujons of local fish with a crunchy veg salad, chips and caper mayonnaise
- Roasted vegetable and goats cheese lasagne with mixed leaf salad and garlic bread (V)
- Spicy lamb meatballs, couscous, and mint yoghurt
- Spiced potato wedges with a cucumber & mint dip (V)
- Chips with homemade mayo
- Tomato, basil, and red onion salad (V)
Please note that Booking Fees apply on the following transactions:
Online: £1.25 per ticket + £1.50 postage or free collection at the Box Office
Telephone: £2.50 per transaction + £1.50 postage or free collection at the Box Office
In Person: Free
Please note that we are only able to post tickets within the UK. If you live overseas please select box office collection or print at home tickets. Tickets purchased for post will be send 10 – 14 days before the show date.
- By Rail
Direct trains go from London Victoria, Brighton and Ashford to Bexhill.
There are also trains from London Charing Cross, changing at St. Leonards Warrior Square and from London Bridge or Charing Cross going to Battle. Battle is only a short taxi journey away (15 mins approx).
Visit www.nationalrail.co.uk for up-to-date train travel information.
Town Taxis: 01424 211 511
Parkhurst Taxis: 01424 733 456
- By Car
If driving from the London area:
Take the M25, then A21 to Hastings. Turn off at John‘s Cross and follow the signs to Bexhill.
Take the A22 to Eastbourne, go across the Bishop roundabout to the A271 and follow the signs to Bexhill and the seafront. The De La Warr Pavilion is on the Marina.
From the Brighton area:
Follow the A27 out of Brighton until you arrive in Bexhill On Sea.
Please be aware the Rother District car park outside the De La Warr Pavilion operates paid parking until 8pm. After this time parking is free. There is also lmiited free car parking along the seafront.
Within the limits of this Grade One listed building, the De La Warr Pavilion strives to be fully accessible with a range of facilities to support your visit.
Assistance Dogs are permitted into the building.
Please contact the Box Office on 01424 229 111 to arrange a visit.
Facilities for disabled visitors
- Ramped access at the front of the building
- A low counter at the Box Office and Information Desk
- Disabled toilets on two floors
- A lift to all floors
- Accessible galleries on both floors
- An accessible Café
- Spaces for wheelchairs in the auditorium for seated events
- Ramped access in the auditorium for events during the day
- Ramped access into the Studio
- Two travel wheelchairs are available for use at the De La Warr Pavilion. To reserve, please call our box office and information desk on (01424) 229111 or ask a member of staff on arrival. The chairs are provided on a first come, first served basis and are intended for use inside the Pavilion. Please contact us for more information.
Facilities for blind or visually-impaired
- Large print season brochures
Facilities for the hard-of-hearing
- An T-Switch induction loop in some areas of the auditorium (please indicate when booking as this facility is not available on the balcony)
- British Sign Language interpretation tours of the building and exhibitions are available on request.