A unique and intimate outdoor concert with the internationally respected, British blue-eyed soul singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist, Paul Carrack as part of the Rye Jazz Festival.
We are delighted to welcome the Rye Jazz & Blues Festival as they move their August Bank Holiday festival weekend to DLWP’s beachside South Lawn. The move will ensure the safety of the audience and artists enabling a limited capacity and ensure a Covid-safe environment.
- Gates for customers with blankets 6pm
- Gates for customers with chairs 6.30pm
- End 10pm
On the South Lawns
- 5 – 16 year olds £31
- Children Under 5 are eligible for free event passes, please contact the Box Office for information here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Under 16s must be accompanied with an adult.
An incredibly special opportunity to hear live one of the most distinctive voices and instrumentalists in British music at an iconic beachfront setting. Tickets will be in high demand and there is only a limited amount available, so we encourage you to book early!
Paul Carrack is one of the most revered voices in music and a figurehead of soulful pop for decades. Nicknamed “The Man with the Golden Voice” in a BBC documentary about his phenomenal 50-year career Paul, whose vocals have graced million-selling songs such as ‘How Long’ by Ace, ‘Tempted’ by Squeeze and the Grammy Award-nominated ‘Living Years’ by Mike and the Mechanics is now firmly established as one of the hardest working, independent musicians on the scene.
Rye Jazz & Blues Festival acknowledge and thank their main event partners CLS Property Insight Ltd and supporting partner Gaby Hardwicke Solicitors.
About Paul Carrack
Touring since the age of 17, the Sheffield-born Carrack wrote and sang ‘How Long’, the much-covered 1974 classic from his days with Ace, and was the voice of ‘Tempted’, from his tenure with Squeeze. Then came such hits with Mike + the Mechanics as the GRAMMY-nominated ‘The Living Years’ and ‘Over My Shoulder’, the latter a co-write with Mike Rutherford. Not to mention that another co-write, ‘Love Will Keep Us Alive’, was covered by the Eagles and won a prestigious ASCAP award for Song of the Year.
Diana Ross, no less, covered Carrack’s co-write with Nick Lowe, ‘Battlefield’, and as an in-demand collaborator, Paul’s decades of distinction include sessions with The Smiths, Elton John, Roxy Music, B.B. King and countless others, culminating in an invitation from Eric Clapton to join his touring band.
Since the turn of the century, Paul has been gaining real, independent momentum since he formed his own Carrack-UK label in 2000 with the landmark ‘Satisfy My Soul’ release. He has quietly built a huge, loyal fan base, the audience that not only devours his albums, but turns out to see his frequent, extensive tours in their thousands. He’s done that the only way he knows: by making high-quality, accessible pop-soul with unmissable hooks and lyrics that say something about all of our lives. His solo catalogue boasts much-loved signature songs such as ‘Satisfy My Soul’, ‘Eyes Of Blue’, and ‘That’s All That Matters To Me’.
- This event has been planned to allow it to happen in a safe and legal way and will be subject to any government guidelines at the time of the event.
- Please bring your own picnic blanket or chair for the event.
- Seating spaces are unreserved.
- The gig will go ahead come rain or shine.
- Entry to the gig is via the south terrace.
- Please bring appropriate clothing as desired but no umbrellas/parasols will be admitted as these will disrupt the vision of other customers.
- There will be no refunds unless the gig is cancelled.
- Smoking is not permitted at any point on the lawn.
- Please keep your ticket with you at all times.
- Bags may be subject to random searches as you enter the lawn.
All ages. Under 16s must be accompanied with an adult.
No flash/ recording.
Please note that Booking Fees apply on the following transactions:
Online: Tickets booked online are subject to booking fees when purchased through our website. E-tickets for print at at home are emailed instantly on the account you have registered with DLWP and are free of charge. They can also be downloaded from our website within My Account.
Telephone: £3.50 per transaction + £2 postage or free collection at the Box Office.
In Person: There are currently no charges for booking tickets in person.
There is a £2 charge to post tickets.
We strongly recommend ticket buyers to take out Ticket Protection insurance with Secure My Booking available when you book your tickets at check out.
Please note that we are only able to post tickets within the UK. If you live overseas please select box office collection or print at home tickets. Tickets purchased for post will be sent 10 – 14 days before the show date.
Full terms and conditions can be found here.
Book online: Pre-show dining can be booked online as an add-on when purchasing tickets for selected events. You will be purchasing a ticket to guarantee your meal before the show.
Please note you must be a ticket holder to the show to book pre-show dining.
Already booked your tickets? If you’ve already booked tickets for a show and would like to add dining, please contact Box Office: email@example.com
On the night: If you have pre-booked please come to the bar to order from the gig menu and sit at one of the reserved tables.
Please be aware that we operate no re-entry for gigs. This means that once you have entered the building, you cannot go out and re-enter. This policy is in line with other major music venues across the UK and put in place on police advice. No re-entry is clearly signposted as you come through security on the front door.
There is a fenced-off area on the terrace for people who go out to smoke or vape.
There are plenty of welcoming and good value B&Bs & boutique hotels in Bexhill. The De La Warr Pavilion regularly uses the following:
- By Rail
Direct trains go from London Victoria, Brighton and Ashford to Bexhill.
There are also trains from London Charing Cross, changing at St. Leonards Warrior Square and from London Bridge or Charing Cross going to Battle. Battle is only a short taxi journey away (15 mins approx).
Visit www.nationalrail.co.uk for up-to-date train travel information.
Town Taxis: 01424 211 511
Parkhurst Taxis: 01424 733 456
- By Car
If driving from the London area:
Take the M25, then A21 to Hastings. Turn off at John‘s Cross and follow the signs to Bexhill.
Take the A22 to Eastbourne, go across the Bishop roundabout to the A271 and follow the signs to Bexhill and the seafront. The De La Warr Pavilion is on the Marina.
From the Brighton area:
Follow the A27 out of Brighton until you arrive in Bexhill On Sea.
Please be aware the Rother District car park outside the De La Warr Pavilion operates paid parking until 8pm. After this time parking is free.
Within the limits of this Grade One listed building, the De La Warr Pavilion strives to be fully accessible with a range of facilities to support your visit.
Assistance Dogs are permitted into the building.
Please contact the Box Office on firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit.
Facilities for disabled visitors
- Ramped access at the front of the building
- A low counter at the Box Office and Information Desk
- Disabled toilets on two floors
- A lift to all floors
- Accessible galleries on both floors
- An accessible Café
- Spaces for wheelchairs in the auditorium for seated events
- Ramped access in the auditorium for events during the day
- Ramped access into the Studio
- Two travel wheelchairs are available for use at the De La Warr Pavilion. To reserve, please call our box office and information desk on (01424) 229111 or ask a member of staff on arrival. The chairs are provided on a first come, first served basis and are intended for use inside the Pavilion. Please contact us for more information.
Facilities for blind or visually-impaired
- Large print season brochures
Facilities for the hard-of-hearing
- An T-Switch induction loop in some areas of the auditorium (please indicate when booking as this facility is not available on the balcony)
- British Sign Language interpretation tours of the building and exhibitions are available on request.