This is the new date for Pete Fij / Terry Bickers, rescheduled from Saturday 17 April 2021.
All tickets are valid for the new date and there is no need to exchange.
Ticket holders have been contacted directly by email.
Read everything you need to know about reschedules and FAQs here.
DLWP is a charity and live gigs and their audiences generate income for us which has now stopped. We need your support more than ever. Click here to find out how you can help us.
This event is sold out.
Join the waiting list, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include event name and your mobile number within the email as last minute tickets may be released. If you’d like to join the mailing list and be the first to hear about future music events, please also make that clear in your email or join here.
Pete Fij / Terry Bickers play the DLWP for the first time plus support from CIEL & Winter Gardens.
Special social distancing seating arrangements have been prepared for this event.
Described as like a late night jamming session with Johnny Cash, Velvet Underground and The Everly Brothers trying not to wake the neighbours, Pete Fij (Adorable / Polak) and Terry Bickers (House of Love / Levitation) have combined to make sweet miserable music that over 2 albums ‘Broken Heart Surgery’ (2014) & ‘We Are Millionaires‘ (2017) have brought widespread critical acclaim, gaining many ‘Album of The Year’ nominations.
“Minor key, acoustic introspection (Richard Hawley, Lloyd Cole-ish) done so beautifully it’s as if they’re singing to one another in the dustlight of a pub back room; strumming, crooning, nursing collective memories.” MOJO
Suitable for all ages. Under 14s must be accompanied by an adult.
- Seat for 1 £16
- Seat for 2 £32
- High Poseur table and stools for 2 £32
- High Poseur table and stools for 4 £64
- Table for 4 £64
- Sofa for 2 £32
- Sofa for 3 £48
There’s an intrinsic mystique to CIEL’s dreamy alt-pop gems, that convey a wistful and ethereal quality, juxtaposed with glazy guitar layers, driven basslines, and frontwoman Michelle Hindriks’ mesmeric vocals always standing out. Moving from The Netherlands to Brighton, Hindriks joined forces with Spanish guitarist Jorge Bela Jimenez and drummer Tim Spencer to form CIEL. The three piece have quickly earned kudos for their exquisite live show, having already supported the likes of Hatchie, Sasami and Penelope Isles. Debut EP “Movement”, which came out in spring 2020, soon got praised by the online community, including Clash, Dork and Gigwise and has gathered plays across the UK and US on BBC 6 Music, KEXP and BBC Introducing.
“Shoegaze textures with some gorgeous pop flourishes, CIEL have already attracted word-of-mouth hype” – CLASH
“Shoegaze meets noir rock meets dream pop” – GIGWISE
“Movement is like a hug for your ears – perfect for filling space in these ridiculously quiet spring days” – DORK
Taking influence from 80’s post-punk, Factory, Rough Trade, 4AD, Creation era bands, Winter Gardens have developed their own ‘dream punk’ sound, all the ethereal haze of shoegaze and dream pop with the energy of punk, their current set will take you through a cascade of shimmering tones, hazy melodic vocals and raw energy.
Winter Gardens have managed to secure support slots for Modern English, Petal, The Wave Pictures, Mammoth Penguins, Say Sue Me, Magic Wands, Charles Howl and opened last year’s Rockaway headlined by Gary Numan and Echo & The Bunnymen.
Please read these important notes before you come to the event.
- The event has been laid out to encourage social distancing. You have bought a ticket for a particular space and furniture cannot be moved outside of the marked area.
- Please bring your own facemasks and wear them at all times including when you are in your seat watching the show
- Please respect social distancing and the Rule of Six if for any reason you leave your seat
- There will be no refunds unless the gig is cancelled
- Smoking is not permitted at any point in the building
- Bags may be subject to random searches as you enter the building
- Please keep your ticket (on a mobile device or printed) with you at all times
- Please use the hand sanitiser stations as you enter the building
- Please respect our staff who are here to keep you safe.
Please read these additional T&Cs regarding seating arrangements. These are in place to comply with government guidelines and help keep everyone safe.
- The illustrations on the seating plan are not to scale and subject to change.
- Due to social distancing, all reservations are per area/seat rather than per individual ticket.
- Up to 4 people maximum are allowed per group.
- Attendees must remain inside their area at all times unless to use toilet facilities.
- All areas have a clear boundary. Social distancing must be adhered to when moving around the venue.