Due to popular demand Reginald has extended the critically acclaimed UK Tour of Some People Vs Reginald D Hunter.
Ticket holders only 6pm
Auditorium doors 7pm
Set One – Reginald D Hunter 8pm
Set Two – Reginald D Hunter 8.50pm
Finish 9.55pm approx.
Gig food menu 6 – 7.15pm
Please note all timings are approximate and subject to change on the night.
During the 15 years in which he has lived in the UK, Reginald’s searingly honest material has garnered him a popular fanbase that spans the generations. In the past twelve months he has appeared in a critically acclaimed tour of the UK and Ireland, a sell-out Edinburgh Festival Fringe season and has performed across Europe.
His appearances on television have included 8 Out Of 10 Cats Does Countdown, Have I Got News for You and the hugely popular three-part BBC2 series which documented Reginald’s epic road trip from North Carolina to New Orleans through 150 years of American popular song.
“THIS IS COMEDY OF A RARE SCOPE” ***** Times
“FOREMOST AMONG THOSE WHO TACKLE RACE HEAD-ON…A PROVOCATIVE HOUR FULL OF BIG LAUGHS.” Observer
“A JOY, AS EVER.” **** Telegraph
“HUNTER’S OUTSIDE-INVIEWS ON POLITICS AND RACE FIND HIM PLAYING WITH NOTIONS OF OFFENCE, WITH INVIGORATING STYLE.”
Age Recommendation: 18+
EAT BEFORE THE SHOW
Why not begin your evening with a bite to eat? There’s no need to book.
Chargrilled handmade cheeseburger with iceberg relish, chips and onion rings
Breaded goujons of local fish with a crunchy veg salad, chips and caper mayonnaise
Roasted vegetable and goats cheese lasagne with mixed leaf salad and garlic bread (V)
Spicy lamb meatballs, couscous, and mint yoghurt
Spiced potato wedges with a cucumber & mint dip (V)
Chips with homemade mayo
Tomato, basil, and red onion salad (V)
Please note that Booking Fees apply on the following transactions:
Online: £1.25 per ticket + £1.50 postage or free collection at the Box Office
Telephone: £2.50 per transaction + £1.50 postage or free collection at the Box Office
In Person: Free
Please note that we are only able to post tickets within the UK. If you live overseas please select box office collection or print at home tickets. Tickets purchased for post will be send 10 – 14 days before the show date.
- By Rail
Direct trains go from London Victoria, Brighton and Ashford to Bexhill.
There are also trains from London Charing Cross, changing at St. Leonards Warrior Square and from London Bridge or Charing Cross going to Battle. Battle is only a short taxi journey away (15 mins approx).
Visit www.nationalrail.co.uk for up-to-date train travel information.
Town Taxis: 01424 211 511
Parkhurst Taxis: 01424 733 456
- By Car
If driving from the London area:
Take the M25, then A21 to Hastings. Turn off at John‘s Cross and follow the signs to Bexhill.
Take the A22 to Eastbourne, go across the Bishop roundabout to the A271 and follow the signs to Bexhill and the seafront. The De La Warr Pavilion is on the Marina.
From the Brighton area:
Follow the A27 out of Brighton until you arrive in Bexhill On Sea.
Please be aware the Rother District car park outside the De La Warr Pavilion operates paid parking until 8pm. After this time parking is free. There is also lmiited free car parking along the seafront.
Within the limits of this Grade One listed building, the De La Warr Pavilion strives to be fully accessible with a range of facilities to support your visit.
Assistance Dogs are permitted into the building.
Please contact the Box Office on 01424 229 111 to arrange a visit.
Facilities for disabled visitors
- Ramped access at the front of the building
- A low counter at the Box Office and Information Desk
- Disabled toilets on two floors
- A lift to all floors
- Accessible galleries on both floors
- An accessible Café
- Spaces for wheelchairs in the auditorium for seated events
- Ramped access in the auditorium for events during the day
- Ramped access into the Studio
- Two travel wheelchairs are available for use at the De La Warr Pavilion. To reserve, please call our box office and information desk on (01424) 229111 or ask a member of staff on arrival. The chairs are provided on a first come, first served basis and are intended for use inside the Pavilion. Please contact us for more information.
Facilities for blind or visually-impaired
- Large print season brochures
Facilities for the hard-of-hearing
- An T-Switch induction loop in some areas of the auditorium (please indicate when booking as this facility is not available on the balcony)
- British Sign Language interpretation tours of the building and exhibitions are available on request.