Professional musician, keyboard player, songwriter and broadcaster, Rick Wakeman brings his extremely popular and consistently sell-out one man show to Bexhill!
Building opens (ticket holders only) 6pm
Café Bar gig food 6 – 7.15pm
Doors – 7pm
Rick Wakeman – 8pm
Interval – 8.55pm
Rick Wakeman – 9.15 – 10.10pm
Curfew – 11pm
Please be aware the building will be closed between 5–6pm
Currently celebrating his 50th year as a professional musician, keyboard player, songwriter and broadcaster, Rick Wakeman recently made chart history when his Piano Portraits album became the first solo piano album to enter the UK’s Top 10.
Initially inspired by the unprecedented reaction to his performance of David Bowie’s Life On Mars on BBC Radio 2 in early 2016, Piano Portraits features instrumental versions of hits Rick originally performed on (Space Oddity, Morning Has Broken & Wondrous Stories) as well of others specifically chosen for their wonderful melodies, including Stairway To Heaven, Help and Eleanor Rigby.
He has also added a selection of some of his favourite classical pieces (Berceuse, Clair de Lune and Swan Lake).
The show will include at least eight of the pieces on the album, plus other musical surprises, and all will be interspersed with hilarious anecdotes from this well-known and accomplished raconteur.
- We will close at 5pm and everyone will be asked to vacate the building. We will re-open at 6pm for ticket holders only.
- Please do not queue outside before 5pm. Everyone entering the building will be subject to personal and bag searches. This will take place at the front doors, not inside the foyer.
- Once you are in the building there will be strictly no re-entry, even if you have a ticket. There will be a smoking area on the terrace. If you leave the smoking area, you will not be allowed to re-enter the area or the building.
- There will be a cloakroom for you to leave your bags during the concert. For the safety and security of our customers, please respect these procedures so everyone can enjoy the evening.
Eat before the show
Why not begin your evening with a bite to eat? There’s no need to book.
- Chargrilled handmade burger with crispy bacon melted mozzarella, iceberg relish and side of chips & onion rings
- Grilled chicken and vegetable kebabs served with sundried tomato and basil couscous
- Local fish fritto misto served with chips, lemon and parsley mayo finish with oriental style salad
- Young spinach, artichokes, green asparagus and cherry tomato pasta with a lime, olive oil & parmesan dressing (V) (GF)
- Vegan salad organic bean shoots, cherry tomatoes, avocado & vegan smoked cheese with a lime, ginger & vanilla dressing (V) (GF)
- Sweet potato wedges with Jalapeno pesto dip and a cucumber & mint raita (V)
- Chunky chips and homemade mayo (V)
- Green salad (V)
Please note that Booking Fees apply on the following transactions:
Online: £1.50 per ticket + £1.50 postage or free collection at the Box Office.
Print at home tickets: These can be emailed to you on the account you have registered with DLWP free of charge (booking fees apply)
Telephone: £3.50 per transaction + £1.50 postage or free collection at the Box Office
There will be a cheaper booking fee for events under £10 (booking fee = £1.00) and under £5 (booking fee = 50p).
Free events booked online are not subject to a booking fee.
There is no booking fee for tickets purchased over the counter.
Please note that we are only able to post tickets within the UK. If you live overseas please select box office collection or print at home tickets. Tickets purchased for post will be sent 10 – 14 days before the show date.
All tickets include a Restoration Levy of £1 and will be subject to an additional £1.50 booking fee per ticket. Postage of tickets adds an additional £1.50 postage charge. Other options include having your tickets emailed to the email registered to your DLWP account to print from home or free collection at the Box Office.
The following are exempt from the Restoration Levy: Learning & Participation events, events associated with exhibitions, family shows that include a child ticket price, OUTLANDS events and Music’s Not Dead events in our Café Bar. Also exempt are those organisations that hire the Pavilion where they are offered a community rate, amateur shows or are in receipt of a concession from Rother District Council.
Full terms and conditions can be found here: dlwp.com/terms-conditions-booking/
Book online: Pre-show dining can be booked online as an add-on when purchasing tickets for selected events. You will be purchasing a ticket to guarantee your meal before the show.
Please note you must be a ticket holder to the show to book pre-show dining.
Already booked your tickets? If you’ve already booked tickets for a show and would like to add dining, please contact Box Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
On the night: If you have pre-booked please come to the bar to order from the gig menu and sit at one of the reserved tables.
Please be aware that we operate no re-entry for gigs. This means that once you have entered the building, you cannot go out and re-enter. This policy is in line with other major music venues across the UK and put in place on police advice. No re-entry is clearly signposted as you come through security on the front door.
There is a fenced-off area on the terrace for people who go out to smoke or vape.
- By Rail
Direct trains go from London Victoria, Brighton and Ashford to Bexhill.
There are also trains from London Charing Cross, changing at St. Leonards Warrior Square and from London Bridge or Charing Cross going to Battle. Battle is only a short taxi journey away (15 mins approx).
Visit www.nationalrail.co.uk for up-to-date train travel information.
Town Taxis: 01424 211 511
Parkhurst Taxis: 01424 733 456
- By Car
If driving from the London area:
Take the M25, then A21 to Hastings. Turn off at John‘s Cross and follow the signs to Bexhill.
Take the A22 to Eastbourne, go across the Bishop roundabout to the A271 and follow the signs to Bexhill and the seafront. The De La Warr Pavilion is on the Marina.
From the Brighton area:
Follow the A27 out of Brighton until you arrive in Bexhill On Sea.
Please be aware the Rother District car park outside the De La Warr Pavilion operates paid parking until 8pm. After this time parking is free.
Within the limits of this Grade One listed building, the De La Warr Pavilion strives to be fully accessible with a range of facilities to support your visit.
Assistance Dogs are permitted into the building.
Please contact the Box Office on email@example.com to arrange a visit.
Facilities for disabled visitors
- Ramped access at the front of the building
- A low counter at the Box Office and Information Desk
- Disabled toilets on two floors
- A lift to all floors
- Accessible galleries on both floors
- An accessible Café
- Spaces for wheelchairs in the auditorium for seated events
- Ramped access in the auditorium for events during the day
- Ramped access into the Studio
- Two travel wheelchairs are available for use at the De La Warr Pavilion. To reserve, please call our box office and information desk on (01424) 229111 or ask a member of staff on arrival. The chairs are provided on a first come, first served basis and are intended for use inside the Pavilion. Please contact us for more information.
Facilities for blind or visually-impaired
- Large print season brochures
Facilities for the hard-of-hearing
- An T-Switch induction loop in some areas of the auditorium (please indicate when booking as this facility is not available on the balcony)
- British Sign Language interpretation tours of the building and exhibitions are available on request.