Five time Grammy award winner and US Blues legend Robert Cray comes to DLWP this October following the success of his most recent album – the Blues Music Awards nominated ‘Robert Cray & Hi Rhythm’.
Ticket Holders Only 6pm
Auditorium Doors 7pm
The Mike Eldred Trio 7.30pm
Robert Cray Band 8.30pm – 10pm
Gig food menu served 6.30 – 7.45pm
Please note timings are approximate and subject to change on the night.
Considered one of the greatest guitarists of his generation, Cray’s soulful and creative guitar work has been a dominant force in blues for over forty years, widely recognized and acknowledged by peers and audiences alike.
A five time Grammy winner, Cray has written or performed with everyone from Eric Clapton and Stevie Ray Vaughan, to John Lee Hooker, becoming one of the most popular artists in Blues & Soul music in his own right, and helping steer and shape its course along the way.
A rare opportunity is in store to witness this genre defining artist again test his talent, fuse it together with that dazzling voice, and perform some of the most powerful material in his four-decade long back catalogue….
Voted one of the best guitarists in Americana / Roots / Blues music, The Mike Eldred Trio is a roots “Super-Band” with Eldred (formerly with Stray Cat Lee Rocker) and John Bazz and Jerry Angel both from The Blasters! Their first CD (The Mike Eldred Trio) sent shock waves throughout the Americana/roots/blues community with rave reviews from Brian Setzer among others, and gave Eldred the title “best unknown guitarist”. The band’s second CD (61 and 49) was voted of the Top Ten CD releases of 2011 by the Los Angeles Times.
The band’s newest effort is a multi-layered blues journey through Mississippi juke joints, prisons, churches, and the small neighborhood called Baptist Town in Greenwood where the legendary bluesman Robert Johnson was murdered in 1938. The trio invited several guests into the famed Sun Studio to lend a hand, and David Hidalgo, Robert Cray, and John Mayer help to tell a story of the dichotomy of the ongoing struggle between poverty and affluence, love and hate, and sin and salvation.
The trio’s 4th album Baptist Town is a monumental achievement in roots and blues storytelling, and will undoubtedly grow the trio’s already large fan base that includes artists like ZZ Top’s Billy F. Gibbons.
Eat before the show
Why not begin your evening with a bite to eat? You can now purchase your meal when booking your tickets.
- Chargrilled handmade cheeseburger with iceberg relish, chips and onion rings
- Breaded goujons of local fish with a crunchy veg salad, chips and caper mayonnaise
- Roasted vegetable and goats cheese lasagne with mixed leaf salad and garlic bread (V)
- Spicy lamb meatballs, couscous, and mint yoghurt
- Spiced potato wedges with a cucumber & mint dip (V)
- Chips with homemade mayo
- Tomato, basil, and red onion salad (V)
Please note that Booking Fees apply on the following transactions:
Online: £1.25 per ticket + £1.50 postage or free collection at the Box Office
Telephone: £2.50 per transaction + £1.50 postage or free collection at the Box Office
In Person: Free
Please note that we are only able to post tickets within the UK. If you live overseas please select box office collection or print at home tickets. Tickets purchased for post will be send 10 – 14 days before the show date.
- By Rail
Direct trains go from London Victoria, Brighton and Ashford to Bexhill.
There are also trains from London Charing Cross, changing at St. Leonards Warrior Square and from London Bridge or Charing Cross going to Battle. Battle is only a short taxi journey away (15 mins approx).
Visit www.nationalrail.co.uk for up-to-date train travel information.
Town Taxis: 01424 211 511
Parkhurst Taxis: 01424 733 456
- By Car
If driving from the London area:
Take the M25, then A21 to Hastings. Turn off at John‘s Cross and follow the signs to Bexhill.
Take the A22 to Eastbourne, go across the Bishop roundabout to the A271 and follow the signs to Bexhill and the seafront. The De La Warr Pavilion is on the Marina.
From the Brighton area:
Follow the A27 out of Brighton until you arrive in Bexhill On Sea.
Please be aware the Rother District car park outside the De La Warr Pavilion operates paid parking until 8pm. After this time parking is free. There is also lmiited free car parking along the seafront.
Within the limits of this Grade One listed building, the De La Warr Pavilion strives to be fully accessible with a range of facilities to support your visit.
Assistance Dogs are permitted into the building.
Please contact the Box Office on 01424 229 111 to arrange a visit.
Facilities for disabled visitors
- Ramped access at the front of the building
- A low counter at the Box Office and Information Desk
- Disabled toilets on two floors
- A lift to all floors
- Accessible galleries on both floors
- An accessible Café
- Spaces for wheelchairs in the auditorium for seated events
- Ramped access in the auditorium for events during the day
- Ramped access into the Studio
- Two travel wheelchairs are available for use at the De La Warr Pavilion. To reserve, please call our box office and information desk on (01424) 229111 or ask a member of staff on arrival. The chairs are provided on a first come, first served basis and are intended for use inside the Pavilion. Please contact us for more information.
Facilities for blind or visually-impaired
- Large print season brochures
Facilities for the hard-of-hearing
- An T-Switch induction loop in some areas of the auditorium (please indicate when booking as this facility is not available on the balcony)
- British Sign Language interpretation tours of the building and exhibitions are available on request.