The amazing Royal Philharmonic Orchestra are back at De La Warr Pavilion this June with their new concert, Colourful Classics.
First half 7.30 – 8.30pm
Interval 20 minutes
Second Half 8.50 – 9.30pm
Opening this concert will be Mendelssohn’s Hebrides Overture, which conjures the sights and sounds of Scottish scenery, from calm still waters to intense and dramatic storms. Elgar’s regal and mournful Elegy for strings sets the scene for the tranquil, quiet opening of Tchaikovsky’s sublime Violin Concerto. With its unrelenting energy and use of Russian peasant dance rhythms, this stunning piece is notably one of the most difficult violin concertos in the repertoire.
Closing the concert is Beethoven’s stirring Symphony No.7, which combines a wonderful blend of orchestral gravitas and swelling tunes used to great effect in the film The King’s Speech.
MENDELSSOHN Hebrides Overture (‘Fingal’s Cave’)
ELGAR Elegy Op. 58
TCHAIKOVSKY Violin Concerto
BEETHOVEN Symphony No. 7
Brian Wright Conductor
Benjamin Baker Violin
EAT BEFORE THE SHOW
Why not begin your evening with a bite to eat?
Pre purchase your meal before the show. Available between 5.30 – 6.45 pm.
- Houmous, baba ganoush, marinated olives, flat breads, dipping oils and marinated artichokes (V)
- Parma ham, Salami, humous, baba ganoush, marinated olives, flat breads, dipping oils and marinated artichokes
- Lemon posset with a ginger biscuit
- Dark chocolate tart with vanilla ice cream
Please note that Booking Fees apply on the following transactions:
Online: Tickets booked online are subject to booking fees when purchased through our website. E-tickets for print at at home are emailed instantly on the account you have registered with DLWP and are free of charge. They can also be downloaded from our website within My Account.
Telephone: £3.50 per transaction + £2 postage or free collection at the Box Office.
In Person: There are currently no charges for booking tickets in person.
There is a £2 charge to post tickets.
We strongly recommend ticket buyers to take out Ticket Protection insurance with Secure My Booking available when you book your tickets at check out.
Please note that we are only able to post tickets within the UK. If you live overseas please select box office collection or print at home tickets. Tickets purchased for post will be sent 10 – 14 days before the show date.
Full terms and conditions can be found here.
Book online: Pre-show dining can be booked online as an add-on when purchasing tickets for selected events. You will be purchasing a ticket to guarantee your meal before the show.
Please note you must be a ticket holder to the show to book pre-show dining.
Already booked your tickets? If you’ve already booked tickets for a show and would like to add dining, please contact Box Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
On the night: If you have pre-booked please come to the bar to order from the gig menu and sit at one of the reserved tables.
Please be aware that we operate no re-entry for gigs. This means that once you have entered the building, you cannot go out and re-enter. This policy is in line with other major music venues across the UK and put in place on police advice. No re-entry is clearly signposted as you come through security on the front door.
There is a fenced-off area on the terrace for people who go out to smoke or vape.
There are plenty of welcoming and good value B&Bs & boutique hotels in Bexhill. The De La Warr Pavilion regularly uses the following:
- By Rail
Direct trains go from London Victoria, Brighton and Ashford to Bexhill.
There are also trains from London Charing Cross, changing at St. Leonards Warrior Square and from London Bridge or Charing Cross going to Battle. Battle is only a short taxi journey away (15 mins approx).
Visit www.nationalrail.co.uk for up-to-date train travel information.
Town Taxis: 01424 211 511
Parkhurst Taxis: 01424 733 456
- By Car
If driving from the London area:
Take the M25, then A21 to Hastings. Turn off at John‘s Cross and follow the signs to Bexhill.
Take the A22 to Eastbourne, go across the Bishop roundabout to the A271 and follow the signs to Bexhill and the seafront. The De La Warr Pavilion is on the Marina.
From the Brighton area:
Follow the A27 out of Brighton until you arrive in Bexhill On Sea.
Please be aware the Rother District car park outside the De La Warr Pavilion operates paid parking until 8pm. After this time parking is free.
Within the limits of this Grade One listed building, the De La Warr Pavilion strives to be fully accessible with a range of facilities to support your visit.
Assistance Dogs are permitted into the building.
Please contact the Box Office on email@example.com to arrange a visit.
Facilities for disabled visitors
- Ramped access at the front of the building
- A low counter at the Box Office and Information Desk
- Disabled toilets on two floors
- A lift to all floors
- Accessible galleries on both floors
- An accessible Café
- Spaces for wheelchairs in the auditorium for seated events
- Ramped access in the auditorium for events during the day
- Ramped access into the Studio
- Two travel wheelchairs are available for use at the De La Warr Pavilion. To reserve, please call our box office and information desk on (01424) 229111 or ask a member of staff on arrival. The chairs are provided on a first come, first served basis and are intended for use inside the Pavilion. Please contact us for more information.
Facilities for blind or visually-impaired
- Large print season brochures
Facilities for the hard-of-hearing
- An T-Switch induction loop in some areas of the auditorium (please indicate when booking as this facility is not available on the balcony)
- British Sign Language interpretation tours of the building and exhibitions are available on request.