Rye International Jazz Festival proudly present the award-winning British vocalist Rumer at the De La Warr Pavilion.
On the De La Warr Pavilion South Lawns
This event has been planned to allow it to happen in a safe and legal way and will be subject to any government guidelines at the time of the event.
Please bring your own picnic blanket or chair for the event. Seating spaces are unreserved.
To ensure that customers do not block each other’s sightlines, customers with blankets will be allowed access into the arena from 6pm and those on chairs from 6.30pm
7pm Daniel Hodson
9.30pm Finish (approx.)
- 5 – 16 year olds £22
- Children Under 5 are eligible for free event passes, please contact the Box Office for information here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Under 16s must be accompanied with an adult.
Rumer will be performing with her band of exceptionally talented musicians and you can expect to hear songs from her fantastic new album Nashville Tears and favourite songs from her impressive back catalogue of hits.
Rumer had most certainly experienced dramatic life changes since her 2010 debut album, Seasons of My Soul, was certified platinum in the UK and Ireland and earned her a MOJO Award for Best Breakthrough Act. Life changes notwithstanding, the singer’s deep-seated desire for music discovery has been a constant throughout her career and it eventually led her to Nashville on a search for hidden gems.
Seeking new musical inspiration during her time living in the American South, Rumer journeyed to Nashville in search of hidden gems to record.
Once she heard the catalogue of Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame member Hugh Prestwood, whose work has been recorded by transcendent singers including Alison Krauss, Trisha Yearwood and Judy Collins, she was hooked.
Nashville Tears collects 15 of Prestwood’s finest songs, many never recorded until now, revealing truths of the heart, both intimate and universal, realistic and romantic.
Rumer’s Seasons of My Soul landed in the top three of the UK Albums Charts in 2010 and won her a Mojo Award as well as two Brit Award nominations.
She’s also been recognised as a peerless interpreter of other songwriters, releasing albums Boys Don’t Cry, Rumer Sings Bacharach at Christmas and This Girl’s in Love: A Bacharach & David Songbook.
“Warm, effortless and instantly familiar “ The Guardian
“A cosy blend of sentimentality and sophistication” The Telegraph
“There’s a controlled confidence and sensitivity behind each note that makes for a powerful delivery” Grounded In Sound
This is the new date for Rumer, rescheduled from the rescheduled date of Friday 20 August 2021, and will now take place on the De La Warr Pavilion’s south lawns.
Ticket holders have been contacted directly by email. Read everything you need to know about reschedules and FAQs here.
DLWP is a charity and live gigs and their audiences generate income for us which has now stopped. We need your support more than ever. Click here to find out how you can help us.
Important information – Please read
- The gig will go ahead come rain or shine
- Entry to the gig is via the south terrace
- Please bring appropriate clothing as desired but no umbrellas/parasols will be admitted as these will disrupt the vision of other customers
- Chairs and blankets will not be provided
- Only food and drink purchased at DLWP can be consumed on the premises
- There will be no refunds unless the gig is cancelled
- Smoking is not permitted at any point on the lawn
- Please keep your ticket with you at all times
- Bags may be subject to random searches as you enter the lawn
- All ages. Under 14s must be accompanied by an adult 18+
- No flash/recording
MUSIC’S NOT DEAD
Bexhill’s independent record store Music’s Not Dead will be open before the show and until the start of the main act.
We are part of #1066MusicCity
The De La Warr Pavilion is not the promoter of this event.
Please note that Booking Fees apply on the following transactions:
Online: Tickets booked online are subject to booking fees when purchased through our website. E-tickets for print at at home are emailed instantly on the account you have registered with DLWP and are free of charge. They can also be downloaded from our website within My Account.
Telephone: £3.50 per transaction + £2 postage or free collection at the Box Office.
In Person: There are currently no charges for booking tickets in person.
There is a £2 charge to post tickets.
We strongly recommend ticket buyers to take out Ticket Protection insurance with Secure My Booking available when you book your tickets at check out.
Please note that we are only able to post tickets within the UK. If you live overseas please select box office collection or print at home tickets. Tickets purchased for post will be sent 10 – 14 days before the show date.
Full terms and conditions can be found here.
Book online: Pre-show dining can be booked online as an add-on when purchasing tickets for selected events. You will be purchasing a ticket to guarantee your meal before the show.
Please note you must be a ticket holder to the show to book pre-show dining.
Already booked your tickets? If you’ve already booked tickets for a show and would like to add dining, please contact Box Office: email@example.com
On the night: If you have pre-booked please come to the bar to order from the gig menu and sit at one of the reserved tables.
Please be aware that we operate no re-entry for gigs. This means that once you have entered the building, you cannot go out and re-enter. This policy is in line with other major music venues across the UK and put in place on police advice. No re-entry is clearly signposted as you come through security on the front door.
There is a fenced-off area on the terrace for people who go out to smoke or vape.
There are plenty of welcoming and good value B&Bs & boutique hotels in Bexhill. The De La Warr Pavilion regularly uses the following:
- By Rail
Direct trains go from London Victoria, Brighton and Ashford to Bexhill.
There are also trains from London Charing Cross, changing at St. Leonards Warrior Square and from London Bridge or Charing Cross going to Battle. Battle is only a short taxi journey away (15 mins approx).
Visit www.nationalrail.co.uk for up-to-date train travel information.
Town Taxis: 01424 211 511
Parkhurst Taxis: 01424 733 456
- By Car
If driving from the London area:
Take the M25, then A21 to Hastings. Turn off at John‘s Cross and follow the signs to Bexhill.
Take the A22 to Eastbourne, go across the Bishop roundabout to the A271 and follow the signs to Bexhill and the seafront. The De La Warr Pavilion is on the Marina.
From the Brighton area:
Follow the A27 out of Brighton until you arrive in Bexhill On Sea.
Please be aware the Rother District car park outside the De La Warr Pavilion operates paid parking until 8pm. After this time parking is free.
Within the limits of this Grade One listed building, the De La Warr Pavilion strives to be fully accessible with a range of facilities to support your visit.
Assistance Dogs are permitted into the building.
Please contact the Box Office on firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit.
Facilities for disabled visitors
- Ramped access at the front of the building
- A low counter at the Box Office and Information Desk
- Disabled toilets on two floors
- A lift to all floors
- Accessible galleries on both floors
- An accessible Café
- Spaces for wheelchairs in the auditorium for seated events
- Ramped access in the auditorium for events during the day
- Ramped access into the Studio
- Two travel wheelchairs are available for use at the De La Warr Pavilion. To reserve, please call our box office and information desk on (01424) 229111 or ask a member of staff on arrival. The chairs are provided on a first come, first served basis and are intended for use inside the Pavilion. Please contact us for more information.
Facilities for blind or visually-impaired
- Large print season brochures
Facilities for the hard-of-hearing
- An T-Switch induction loop in some areas of the auditorium (please indicate when booking as this facility is not available on the balcony)
- British Sign Language interpretation tours of the building and exhibitions are available on request.