Legend Robert Plant is bringing his latest collaboration, Saving Grace, to DLWP this July! Featuring vocalist Suzi Dian and a cast of multi-talented musicians.
Following the latest Government guidelines, we have adjusted our advice to audiences and visitors.
Please read the important information section below.
Below are the steps we are taking to help everyone have a great experience and remain safe.
Above all we ask you to be kind and respectful to one another, including our staff who may be new, have worked long shifts or dealing with their own challenges from the pandemic.
Please do not attend if you are displaying any symptoms of COVID-19.
Guide to recognising symptoms can be found here via the NHS website: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/symptoms/
- The Government advises that everybody completes regular lateral flow tests: all DLWP staff are adhering to this and we ask customers to do the same.
- Whilst inside the building the Government expects you to wear a face covering to protect yourself and others. DLWP staff will be wearing face masks.
- We will ask you to sanitise your hands on entry; hand sanitiser will be available through the site.
- We will still ask you to socially distance in queues wherever possible.
- Please be patient when accessing the toilets; give people space – avoid overcrowding the spaces.
- One-way systems are in place to move around the building.
- You can continue to check in using the NHS QR code.
- Please enter via the front doors where you will be guided to the outside terrace (ground floor) where the bars will be located (the weather forecast looks promising).
- Additional regular cleaning is in place throughout the venue.
- Our air conditioning units in the auditorium have been recently serviced and are set to maximise fresh air into the venue.
- We have completed a detailed COVID-19 risk assessment following government advice and, at this point, customers do not have to provide an NHS COVID Pass.
- 5.30pm Doors and bar open for ticket holders
- 7.30pm Scott Matthews
- 8.10pm Interval
- 8.45pm Saving Grace
All timings are approximate.
Do not forget to bring your ticket with you (printed or on mobile) and have it with you at all times.
We run a no re-entry policy.
FOOD & DRINK
Our outside terrace bar will be open to ticket holders only from 5.30pm, serving a selection of beer, wine, spirits and soft drinks.
If you fancy a light bite we will be selling freshly prepared:
- Pork with caramelised onion sausage rolls
- Chicken and chorizo empanadas
- Roast vegetable with pesto focaccia VE
Alternatively, if you fancy treating yourself to dinner, Rocksalt, across the road, has teamed up with Punk Tacos serving Mexican street food and margaritas on Tuesday (and every Tuesday). Click here to book a table at Rocksalt.
A co-operative featuring:
- Robert Plant and Suzi Dian – vocals
- Oli Jefferson – percussion
- Tony Kelsey – mandolin, baritone and acoustic guitars
- Matt Worley – banjo, cuatro, acoustic and baritone guitars.
These five musicians work in glorious harmony from start to finish, reworking a selection of diverse cover versions that have been collected from various places creating a musical journey in its truest form.
“I’ve been privileged to share some amazing moments with Robert through the years, but none were more magical, kind and beautiful than the performance by his new band Saving Grace. One of the best gigs I’ve seen in years.” – Bob Harris OBE
“Having watched Plant live in many incarnations, I’ve never heard his voice sounding as comfortable as it did tonight, at home in the family he has created with these master musicians.” – Hot Press
“Even though there were thousands there, the band created an extraordinary level of emotional intensity and intimacy. It was a magical evening.” – The Evening Standard
“An eclectic mix of folky-bluesy-jazzy tunes that never once disappointed.” – The Journal of Roots Music
“The five musicians work in glorious harmony from start to finish reworking a selection of diverse cover versions that have been collected from various places creating a musical journey in its truest form.” – Americana UK
Scott Matthews’ ground-breaking debut album, Passing Stranger earned him serious critical acclaim with its bold mix of folk, rock, blues and Eastern-inspired song-writing, with his first single ‘Elusive’ winning the Ivor Novello Award for ‘Best Song Musically and Lyrically’. From here Scott went on to perform on a number of international sell-out tours with artists such asRufus Wainwright, Bert Jansch, Robert Plant and Alison Krauss, Foo Fighters, Snow Patrol and Tori Amos.
Championed by Lauren Laverne as ‘a big favourite of ours’ and Huey Morgan as being ‘something else’, Scott’s musical dexterity and experimentative approach to song-writing and home-recording continued to excite over the course of the next several albums released on his own label, from the intrinsically poetic, acoustic purity of The Great Untold, to the daring and audacious latest album New Skin.
His latest sound is swathed in Eno-esque electronica and Thom Yorke-centric uncovering that channels the driving energy of ‘80s Springsteen. Rock and ambient. Acoustic and electro. Matthews has never sounded so vital. Never sounded so fresh. Never sounded so energised. And never sounded so good.
This is a fully seated event.
All ages. Under 14s must be accompanied with an adult.
This is the new date for Saving Grace, rescheduled from 16 July 2021.
Ticket holders have been contacted directly by email.
Read everything you need to know about reschedules and FAQs here.
DLWP is a charity and live gigs and their audiences generate income for us which has now stopped. We need your support more than ever. Click here to find out how you can help us.
Please be aware that we operate no re-entry for gigs. This means that once you have entered the building, you cannot go out and re-enter. This policy is in line with other major music venues across the UK and put in place on police advice. No re-entry is clearly signposted as you come through security on the front door.
There is a fenced-off area on the terrace for people who go out to smoke or vape.