The Rother & Hastings Neighbourhood Policing Team and our community partners are pleased to invite the local community to meet at the De La Warr Pavilion on Thursday 19 October – come and join us!
Hate crime comes in many different forms and strikes at the heart of communities. With your help, we can tackle those responsible for hate crime and keep our communities safe.
This event is to support and raise awareness for the LGBTQIA+ community. Come along to discuss the current challenges faced by the community and get advice, encouragement, and support to report hate incidents.
We’re here and ready to help anyone who has been affected by someone else’s prejudice, ignorance, or violence.
Meet the team and learn how to spot a hate crime, report it, or get help, support and advice.
PCSOs Chloe Cameron, Laura Harrison and Tom Parkes will be joined by:
· Mind Out – A LGBTQ Mental Health charity who specialise in Mental Health Support services to those is Sussex.
· Bexhill Primary Care Network – A collaboration between the NHS and GP practices working towards a healthier community giving advice on LGBTQIA+ health related matters.
· Rother District Safety Partnership, Councillors & Rother District Council / Housing, all of which actively encourages the reporting of hate related incidents.
· James Thomas (He/Him) LGBT support advisor, Healthcare Trustee, LGBT political advisor, Equality, Diversity and Inclusion committee member
· Allsorts Youth Project – listening to, connecting with & supporting children & young people under 26 who are Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans or exploring their sexual orientation and/or gender identity (LGBT+) and their families.
· Hastings and Rother Rainbow Alliance – Supporting the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, LGBTQIA+ Communities of Hastings and Rother.
· East Sussex Fire & Rescue Service
We look forward to meeting you all soon. Everyone is welcome!