International Composers Festival is back at DLWP this September performing some of the world’s most beautiful and exciting orchestral music written today. Six sublime concerts over three days.
The Festival’s Artistic Director, composer Polo Piatti in conversation with two of the greatest young pianists of our time Sunny Li (China) and Oliver Poole (UK) discussing the art of improvisation, composing, commissioning and performing works by living composers. With some stunning performances from both pianists.
10.30 – 11.15 Main auditorium
11.15 – 12noon Coffee & Cake in the auditorium foyer
11.30am Part 2 (45 minutes)
Tickets: £12 in advance, £15 at the door
Free for under 18’s (under 16’s accompanied by a full paying adult)
Students 18 – 25 £10
Age suitability – over 5
For individual events please go to our What’s On page. For Friday events please book directly via Opus Theatre website.
A Festival for everyone.
Friday 21 – Sunday 23 September 2018
Hastings and Bexhill-on-Sea
Six sublime concerts over three days.
A great introduction to orchestral music, for families and serious music lovers alike, with Free tickets to all the concerts for under 18’s (accompanied by an adult) and reduced student tickets for many of our concerts.
The only festival where you can meet great international composers and musicians and enjoy their most moving and popular works live.
A first for the festival in 2018 – a concert dedicated to dance.
The International Festival Orchestra comprises of international professional players performing together with great local musicians and world-class International soloists bringing a big, exciting fresh sound to the concerts.
Click here for some musical samples.
Please note that Booking Fees apply on the following transactions:
Online: £1.25 per ticket + £1.50 postage or free collection at the Box Office
Telephone: £2.50 per transaction + £1.50 postage or free collection at the Box Office
In Person: Free
Please note that we are only able to post tickets within the UK. If you live overseas please select box office collection or print at home tickets. Tickets purchased for post will be send 10 – 14 days before the show date.
- By Rail
Direct trains go from London Victoria, Brighton and Ashford to Bexhill.
There are also trains from London Charing Cross, changing at St. Leonards Warrior Square and from London Bridge or Charing Cross going to Battle. Battle is only a short taxi journey away (15 mins approx).
Visit www.nationalrail.co.uk for up-to-date train travel information.
Town Taxis: 01424 211 511
Parkhurst Taxis: 01424 733 456
- By Car
If driving from the London area:
Take the M25, then A21 to Hastings. Turn off at John‘s Cross and follow the signs to Bexhill.
Take the A22 to Eastbourne, go across the Bishop roundabout to the A271 and follow the signs to Bexhill and the seafront. The De La Warr Pavilion is on the Marina.
From the Brighton area:
Follow the A27 out of Brighton until you arrive in Bexhill On Sea.
Please be aware the Rother District car park outside the De La Warr Pavilion operates paid parking until 8pm. After this time parking is free. There is also lmiited free car parking along the seafront.
Within the limits of this Grade One listed building, the De La Warr Pavilion strives to be fully accessible with a range of facilities to support your visit.
Assistance Dogs are permitted into the building.
Please contact the Box Office on 01424 229 111 to arrange a visit.
Facilities for disabled visitors
- Ramped access at the front of the building
- A low counter at the Box Office and Information Desk
- Disabled toilets on two floors
- A lift to all floors
- Accessible galleries on both floors
- An accessible Café
- Spaces for wheelchairs in the auditorium for seated events
- Ramped access in the auditorium for events during the day
- Ramped access into the Studio
- Two travel wheelchairs are available for use at the De La Warr Pavilion. To reserve, please call our box office and information desk on (01424) 229111 or ask a member of staff on arrival. The chairs are provided on a first come, first served basis and are intended for use inside the Pavilion. Please contact us for more information.
Facilities for blind or visually-impaired
- Large print season brochures
Facilities for the hard-of-hearing
- An T-Switch induction loop in some areas of the auditorium (please indicate when booking as this facility is not available on the balcony)
- British Sign Language interpretation tours of the building and exhibitions are available on request.