Recruiting – Frame and Reference : Editorial and Development
Editorial Content Manager and Project Developer : Frame and Reference
Launched in June 2012, Frame and Reference is a Contemporary Visual Arts Network South East initiative. www.frameandreference.com is now established with a strong editorial voice publishing criticism, interviews, news and reviews , highlighting the quality and breadth of the visual arts offer in the South East.
– Manage, edit, update and maintain www.frameandreference.com
– Source and commission news items, film and video and stories for www.frameandreference.com
– Create a monthly newsletter for www.frameandreference.com subscribers
– To ensure that all partner information is correct and kept updated by sustaining a proactive relationship with those responsible for marketing at the partner organisations.
– Attend Frame and Reference Steering Group and CVAN South East meetings where appropriate.
– To create and deliver a PR marketing campaign for www.frameandreference.com, online and offline, to meet agreed targets in terms of visits and subscribers. This will include : SEO, Social Media, Selective print advertising, Media coverage
– Assist the Steering Group in the development of a sustainable business model .
The selected candidate will have the following:
- A good knowledge of visual arts within the south east
- Experience in CMS and data management
- Journalist/writing/ editing skills, preferably in the visual arts
- Experience in building networks online
- Experience in marketing and PR campaigns including using social media
Terms and conditions : This is a freelance contract initially for 6 months whilst a sustainable model for www.frameandrefernce.com is developed. The contract is managed by Sally Ann Lycett and Stewart Drew from the De La Warr Pavilion. The successful candidate will work out of the De La Warr Pavilion in Bexhill .
The fee is £3600 for 30 days for a 6 month period between April –September 2013 at no less than one day per week.
Please send CV and covering letter to Sally Ann Lycett on email@example.com by 20 March 2013
Contemporary Visual Arts Network South East (formerly Turning Point South East) is a regional network of visual arts organisations initiated by the Arts Council of England, South East in collaboration with its national portfolio organisations for visual arts.
Frame and Reference explores common themes in the work produced and exhibited by this network of organisations, strengthening the shared experience of their audience.Posted by Ryan Coleman on Wednesday 13 March 2013