Information & FAQs
Usual opening hours:
Wednesday – Sunday: 10am – 5pm
There will be no need to book for general admission.
Our Café Bar will be open for drinks, light lunches, snacks and cakes during the day. Closes at 4.30pm. See our menu here
Please note we are not taking bookings for the Café Bar. Please go up to the First floor and you will be shown to a table (subject to availability) by a member of the Team.
COVID RESTRICTIONS UPDATE
We have adjusted our advice to our and visitors and event audience according to the most recent Government plans.
From 19 July 2021:
Below is a list of what we are doing to help everyone have a great experience and remain safe.
Most of all we ask you to be kind and respectful to one another, including our staff who may be new, have worked long shifts or dealing with their own challenges arising from the pandemic.
Do not attend if you are displaying any symptoms of COVID-19.
Symptoms can be found here: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/symptoms/
- The government advises that everybody completes regular lateral flow tests: all DLWP staff are adhering to this and we ask customers to do the same
- Whilst visiting the building and galleries during the day we recommend you wear a face-covering to protect yourself and others.
- For live events inside the building, the Government expects you to wear a face-covering to protect yourself and others unless exempt. Please follow guidance for individual events, this will be emailed to you prior to the event.
- DLWP staff will be wearing face masks.
- We will ask you to sanitise your hands on entry; hand sanitiser will be available through the site.
- We will still ask you to socially distance in queues wherever possible.
- Please be patient when accessing the toilets; give people space – avoid overcrowding the spaces.
- One-way systems are in place for you to follow as you move around the building.
- You can continue to check in using the NHS QR code.
- During daytime opening hours, the Café Bar & Kitchen will continue to offer table service only, with limited capacity.
Things may be a little different. Please check the event page on our website and your pre-show email (please check your junk folder) before you come to the event. This is essential for up-to-date information including location and date.
We have completed a detailed COVID-19 risk assessment following government advice. At this point, customers do not have to provide an NHS COVID pass.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Ground floor gallery: Holly Hendry: Indifferent Deep
A solo exhibition, featuring a host of sculptures situated within an apparently half-eaten, chewed-up landscape.
First-floor gallery: All In The Same Storm: Pandemic Patchwork Stories
A collaboration with the Refugee Buddy Project, Hastings, Rother and Wealden telling diverse stories from the community of life under the shadow of COVID-19 through hand-stitched to make up four quilt patchwork quilts.
On the lawn, by the terrace: Holly Hendry: Invertebrate (until 12 November)
A giant composite form will worm its way around the outside of the Pavilion, stretching from the lawn to the first-floor balcony and the roof. A Waterfronts commission as part of England’s Creative Coast
BOOKING & RESCHEDULING INFORMATION
We run our own box office, with a long-standing team of local professional staff committed to customer service.
As we are not open every day, we strongly recommend that you book online for all events and select the Print At Home option to save queuing or gathering in a group at the Box Office.
We will always respond as quickly as we can to emails.
A few important things to note:
- It is important to keep your contact details, particularly your email address, up-to-date should we need to contact you.
- Lots of events have been rescheduled, so please keep an eye out for emails, or check our website for an update on events that you hold tickets for.
- If your event is rescheduled to another date, your tickets will be valid for that event on the new date. There is no need to contact Box Office.
Please check our What’s On page for the latest update in event dates.
If you booked tickets to an event that has been rescheduled or cancelled, we will contact you directly via email.
Please check the email associated with your account is still up to date and check your spam/junk/other folders as sometimes our emails do not get through your filters. Thank you.
For ticket inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
We have put certain measures in place to comply with Step 3 of the government guidelines. These may make the evening feel a little different, but they are for your safety.
- We regret that we are not able to open our bars inside the Pavilion, but our Terrace Bar outside on the terrace will be open one hour before the advertised Door time.
- We are also not able to serve food before or after the show, but the bar will serve crisps, nuts and popcorn.
- Please buy your drinks from the Terrace Bar and go directly into auditorium when the doors open. The bar will close at the start of the performance so please buy your interval drinks before the show and take them in with you.
- Once inside, please make sure you are at your seat before you eat or drink.
- Please wear face coverings at all times, unless you are eating or drinking.
- We are obliged to support the government’s Track & Trace system. Please download the NHS Covid-19 app on your phone to scan the QR code at the door. Alternatively, we will ask you to sign in with your name and telephone number.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
If your event is rescheduled to another date, your tickets will be valid for that event on the new date. There is no need to contact Box Office.
If you are unable to attend the rescheduled date or the event you have tickets for has been cancelled please contact your point of purchase for a refund.
Refunds or exchange must be requested from your point of purchase and can only be claimed by the person who made the booking. This means that if you have bought tickets via a third party eg SEE Tickets/Ticketmaster then you must apply to them for a refund. If you purchased tickets from the De La Warr Pavilion, please email email@example.com. Refunds will only cover the face value of the tickets. You will not receive a refund on booking fees or postage.
Although we are committed to processing your refund within 14 days, the bank may take longer to send the funds back into your account. This is out of our control during these challenging times so please do not contact the Box Office. Thank you for your patience.
Refunds will be considered up until the day before the original date of the event (or the previous rescheduled date, where the event has been rescheduled more than once). The original date can be found on the webpage for that event.
All refunds are at the discretion of the promoter, which is not necessarily the De La Warr Pavilion.
Refunds will not be given if the customer does not follow government COVID-19 guidelines for attendance at live events and the customer is not admitted or is excluded from the event for that reason.
Please read below how you can donate the cost of your ticket of the cancelled or rescheduled event to the Pavilion.
We appreciate that many people will be grateful to receive refunds on rescheduled or cancelled events. However, if you are unable to attend, your decision not to ask for a refund will support DLWP and in turn will help us support our communities, audiences, the music ecosystem around us, our staff and local businesses.
Half of our income comes from people spending money at the Pavilion on tickets, at the bar during concerts and gigs, in the shop and in our Café Bar. As we are a Charity (no.1065586), we would ask you to reconsider asking for a refund to help us through this challenging time.
You can help us by:
– Donating some, or all of the price of your ticket back to us. Please tell Box Office how much you would like to donate.
– Use your ticket money to buy a DLWP membership and continue supporting us whilst enjoying fantastic benefits
– Allow us to retain your ticket money on credit to your account to be used for future shows.
Please contact the Box Office on firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to support us one of these ways.
We are unable offer a refund if the performer is on site, the performance goes ahead but the ticket holder is unable to attend the venue.
If an event you have booked for has been rescheduled or cancelled, you will receive an email from us (please check the email address that you used when you booked your tickets). Any up to date information will be on our website and we will be announcing any changes in our programme via our social media channels.
Some of our gigs are being rescheduled or cancelled. Some gigs in 2020 have been laid out to keep to government guidelines on social distancing. You will be notified of these, and how we are managing those gigs, when you book your ticket.
You will appreciate that government advice changes every day and our partners and the artists are responding to this in the most responsible way to keep everyone safe.
The safety of our team and visitors is our number one priority. Please read here about what we are doing to keep you safe.