DLWP is excited to present two exhibitions this Summer and you are warmly invited to celebrate with us at the opening party on Thursday 8 June.
6pm – Doors open, complimentary drink served on arrival
7pm – Welcome speeches
Our bar will be open until 8.30pm
Everyone is welcome! RSVP here.
ABOUT THE EXHIBITIONS:
MOHAMMED SAMI: THE POINT 0
Saturday 10 June – Monday 28 August 2023
Ground floor gallery
This summer, De La Warr Pavilion will present Mohammed Sami: The Point 0, an exhibition of paintings which continue the artist’s long-standing exploration of memory in relation to time and conflict. Organised in collaboration with Camden Art Centre in London, where a different iteration of the exhibition is currently being presented, the exhibition at De La Warr Pavilion will include four brand new large-scale paintings unveiled here for the first time. Read more
KATIE CUDDON: NIGHT PORTRAITS
Saturday 10 June – Saturday 3 September 2023
First floor gallery
De La Warr Pavilion presents an exhibition of new work by Katie Cuddon (b.1979, London, UK) an artist best known for working with clay. Expressive and instinctive, her sculpture explores psychological representations of the human body and the interpenetration of art and life. Read more
PLAN YOUR VISIT
There are plenty of welcoming and good value B&Bs & boutique hotels in Bexhill. The De La Warr Pavilion regularly uses the following:
- By Rail
Direct trains go from London Victoria, Brighton and Ashford to Bexhill.
There are also trains from London Charing Cross, changing at St. Leonards Warrior Square and from London Bridge or Charing Cross going to Battle. Battle is only a short taxi journey away (15 mins approx).
Visit www.nationalrail.co.uk for up-to-date train travel information.
Town Taxis: 01424 211 511
Parkhurst Taxis: 01424 733 456
- By Car
If driving from the London area:
Take the M25, then A21 to Hastings. Turn off at John‘s Cross and follow the signs to Bexhill.
Take the A22 to Eastbourne, go across the Bishop roundabout to the A271 and follow the signs to Bexhill and the seafront. The De La Warr Pavilion is on the Marina.
From the Brighton area:
Follow the A27 out of Brighton until you arrive in Bexhill On Sea.
Please be aware the Rother District car park outside the De La Warr Pavilion operates paid parking until 8pm. After this time parking is free.
Within the limits of this Grade One listed building, the De La Warr Pavilion strives to be fully accessible with a range of facilities to support your visit.
Assistance Dogs are permitted into the building.
Please contact the Box Office on email@example.com to arrange a visit.
Facilities for disabled visitors
- Ramped access at the front of the building
- A low counter at the Box Office and Information Desk
- Disabled toilets on two floors
- A lift to all floors
- Accessible galleries on both floors
- An accessible Café
- Spaces for wheelchairs in the auditorium for seated events
- Ramped access in the auditorium for events during the day
- Ramped access into the Studio
- Two travel wheelchairs are available for use at the De La Warr Pavilion. To reserve, please call our box office and information desk on (01424) 229111 or ask a member of staff on arrival. The chairs are provided on a first come, first served basis and are intended for use inside the Pavilion. Please contact us for more information.
Facilities for blind or visually-impaired
- Large print season brochures
Facilities for the hard-of-hearing
- An T-Switch induction loop in some areas of the auditorium (please indicate when booking as this facility is not available on the balcony)
- British Sign Language interpretation tours of the building and exhibitions are available on request.