Terms & Conditions and Booking Information
Our terms and conditions help to keep our working practice fair and our visitors safe.
Our terms and conditions help to keep our working practice fair and our visitors safe.
Listed below are quick-to-read guide to our T&Cs but please click here to download our full Terms & Conditions
COVID UPDATE: 9 SEPTEMBER
See our Information & FAQs for full update on Covid passes at live events.
The following booking fees currently apply:
- Online: £1.50 per ticket + £1.50 postage. These will be sent two weeks prior to the event.
- Print at home tickets: These can be emailed to you on the account you have registered with DLWP free of charge (booking fees apply). For your safety during the coronavirus pandemic, we would encourage you to opt for Print At Home tickets.
- Telephone: £3.50 per transaction + £1.50 postage or free collection at the Box Office. PLEASE NOTE : It is not currently possible to book by phone.
- In Person: There are currently no charges for booking tickets in person.
Ticket prices include a Restoration Levy of £1. The following are exempt from the Restoration Levy and alternative booking fees may apply. Learning & Participation events, events associated with exhibitions, family shows that include a child ticket price, OUTLANDS events and Music’s Not Dead events in our Café Bar. Also exempt are those organisations that hire the Pavilion where they are offered a community rate, amateur shows or are in receipt of a concession from Rother District Council.
Where applicable, concessions are available for senior citizens, under 16s, students, the unemployed and registered disabled.
De La Warr Pavilion Members and Patrons receive priority booking and exclusive offers for selected events. Click here to become a Member.
- Tickets remain the property of DLWP.
- Once purchased, tickets cannot be exchanged, refunded, resold, transferred, offered for sale, coupled or bundle with any other product or service or used for any commercial or promotional purpose whatsoever without the consent of DLWP. Any ticket which is resold or transferred will become invalid.
- Only tickets purchased via our website, at the DLWP Box Office or from approved agents are valid for admission. Tickets sold via third parties and other unauthorised outlets, including online auction sites, are not valid for admission. The DLWP will not take responsibility for the validity of tickets purchased from unauthorised agents or other sources.
- Tickets must not be sold or offered for sale from within De La Warr Pavilion premises except from the Box Office by our Sales & Information team.
- Reselling a ticket for profit or commercial gain makes it void and the ticket holder will be refused entry.
- The DLWP is not liable for any tickets which are lost or stolen.
- Refunds and exchanges will only be offered in the event of cancellation or rescheduling of the date of the performance. All tickets are non-transferable to other events. Refund or exchange must be requested from your point of purchase and can only be claimed by the person who made the booking. Refunds will only cover the face value of the tickets and not any associated booking fees or postage.
- In the event of cancellation or rescheduling the date of the performance, refunds will be considered up until the day before the original date of the event (or the previous rescheduled date, where the event has been rescheduled more than once). The original date can be found on the webpage for that event.
- Refunds and exchanges will not be offered if, for any reason, the performer is on site and the performance goes ahead but the ticket holder is unable to travel to the venue.
- Refunds and exchanges will not be made if the performer is on site and the performance goes ahead but the ticket holder leaves due to bad weather (outdoor and indoor performances).
- Refunds will not be given if the customer does not follow government COVID-19 guidelines for attendance at live events and the customer is not admitted or is excluded from the event for that reason.
- The DLWP and event promoter are not liable for any personal travel, accommodation or hospitality arrangements made relating to the event or cancellation of any event.
- Some performances may have specific conditions of sale. These will be listed on the event pages for that event on this site and it is the responsibility of the ticket holder to check this before they purchase tickets.
- Tickets may be restricted to a maximum number per person for certain events.
- The De La Warr Pavilion reserves the right to make alterations to the advertised programme at any time and without advance notice.
- Unless otherwise stated, under 16s must be accompanied by an adult.
- Under 14s must be accompanied by an adult and may be admitted to seating areas only.
- Please ensure to check there are seated tickets available before booking for an under 14.
- If there are no age restrictions advertised, the ticket buyer takes full responsibility for exposing the child to the content and context of the event.
- For shows deemed to be suitable for families, tickets are required for each child attending a performance. Children under 18 months old go free as long as they sit on the parents lap.
- Babes in arms are only permitted to non-family events at the discretion of DLWP. Please ask before booking tickets.
- Some performances and/or specific seating areas may have age restrictions. It is the responsibility of the ticket holder to check any restrictions before they purchase tickets.
- DLWP reserves the right to alter your seat allocation without prior notice.
- Failure to comply with these terms & conditions will make your ticket and transaction void.
- Every member of the audience must have a valid ticket and produce it upon request for inspection at any time.
- Our latecomers policy can vary from event to event. Late admission is not guaranteed but every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the performance. On occasion, we may have to show you to alternative seats.
- There is no re-admission once you have entered the building after 6pm. This is based on present advice from the police for all live venues and it is in place for your security and safety. The rooftop and balconies are available if you would like to be in the fresh air. We provide an enclosed area on the terrace for smoking and vaping. Again, there is no re-admission if you go outside this area. Please contact the Front of House team if there are any problems on the night.
- The unauthorised use of cameras, audio and video equipment including mobile phones, ipads and tablets is not permitted.
- Mobile phones and other electronic devices are distracting to other audience members and must be switched to silent before entering the Auditorium.
- By attending an event, ticket holders consent to being filmed, photographed or recorded as a member of the audience and the resulting materials being used in commercial distribution and publication without payment or copyright.
- Food and drink purchased elsewhere may not be consumed on the premises.
- Drinking glasses, bottles, any other glass items and cans are not permitted in the Auditorium.
- Audience members are not permitted to sit in any gangway which intersects or flanks the seating.
- Dancing in aisles and gangways is not permitted.
- Audience members are not permitted to sit or stand on the gangways, stairwells and other designated areas within the Auditorium and Foyer areas.
- It is against the law to smoke on the premises. The use of E-cigarettes is not permitted on the premises.
- Pets are not permitted in the DLWP. However, registered assistance animals are permitted on the premises.
- For security reasons, security searches of bags, clothing and all other items may take place as a condition of entry. DLWP reserves the right to confiscate items which may cause danger or disruption to the event or others attending the event.
- The Management of the DLWP reserves the right to refuse admission or attendance to any person and to remove persons from the premises for any reason where necessary.
- The Management of DLWP reserves the right to refuse admission and/or eject any person appearing to be intoxicated or under the influence of drugs or otherwise behaving dangerously or inappropriately. No refunds will be given under these circumstances.
- DLWP is not responsible for any loss, injury or damage except where any such loss, injury or damage is caused by the negligence of DLWP, its employees or agents.
- The Management of the DLWP reserves the right to make any alterations to an advertised programme or event.
- Loud music can damage hearing.
- Strobe lighting can cause epileptic fits.
- CCTV is in operation on the premises for the purposes of crime prevention and detection.
- The De La Warr Pavilion accepts no responsibility for any personal property brought on to the premises.
- The Pay & Display car park adjacent to the De La Warr Pavilion is owned and operated by Rother District Council. Any issues regarding parking must be directed to Rother District Council.
- Customers planning on driving to the De La Warr Pavilion are advised not to leave valuables in their car.
- Please consider our neighbours and leave the De La Warr Pavilion quietly.
We aim to provide a safe and comfortable environment for everyone to enjoy their visit
You can help us do this by:
- Respecting the staff, the building, the contents and other visitors
- Only consume food and drink on the premises that is purchased from us
- Not smoking anywhere within the building, on balconies and the rooftop
- Allowing priority in the lift for those who need it to access other floors
- Leaving motorised vehicles outside, including motorised mobility scooters
- Not displaying anti-social behaviours eg sliding down banisters, skateboarding in the building.
- Not photographing the artworks in the Galleries
- Not photographing or filming during performances
- Not photographing or filming for commercial purposes without prior permission (you will be asked to sign a declaration to confirm)
- Not bringing your dogs into the building, other than assistance dogs
Thank you for your co-operation.
- All children must be accompanied by and remain under the control of a responsible adult at all times.
- School groups must have a minimum ratio of one adult to ten children with at least two adults accompanying any group of children.
- A Child Protection & Vulnerable Adults policy is in place, a copy of which is available on request.
- Education groups consent to the photographing and filming of themselves as visitors to the building or members of an audience. It is the responsibility of the person in charge of the group to seek consent from parents or guardians in advance of the visit.
The DLWP is committed to managing any customer complaints effectively and efficiently through a formal process. Customers are required to voice the complaint to the Duty Manager at the time of the event and before they leave the building. They will then be invited to put the complaint in writing to the Director of External Relations, who is responsible for co-ordinating the resolution of complaints and any subsidiary issues by liaising with the relevant and responsible departments. Comments and feedback are very important and help us improve the service we offer to all our customers. We will respond in a professional, accurate and honest way. We aim to reply within 10 working days.
Post: Sally Ann Lycett, Director of External Relations, De La Warr Pavilion, Marina, Bexhill on Sea, East Sussex TN40 1DP